2010 NSW Annual X-mas Mystery Cruise

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
Hi guys, I think its that time of the year again. last year, some very helpful and kind members have organised the x-mas cruise near windsor. remember?

How about this year? can we do one this year? I do not mind organising, however, if anyone would like to organise the event, then you have my full support.

Last year was great. that mystery question runs that not only required the driving skills, but also some brain work (i came third:p)

I have three areas in my mind

1. Bundeena National Park
2. Windosr/Richmond area
3. Central Coast

Any other areas might interest memebers?

I was thinking the cruise can be very similar to last years one. Doing questions and people bring some stuff that they can give away as a prize.

Proposed date, about end of November? last weekend of Nov. i think we don't have anything goining on tht time.

How about it?

edit: Wayne have dedicated him self to organise the cruise for us~ new thread will start pretty soon. Can i still get some reps for starting? lol

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I think Paul (VR04TT) was looking to organise it but he doesn't seem to be around much

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Paul I think is/was moving or something. Either way he was going to be without internet access here & there for some time. Just like ET.

Mistery should also be 'Mystery' hehe :cool:

I vote a million times for the Central Coast !!!!!!!

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
I am keen. We can have a pit stop and BBQ and swim at my place if we do it through royal national park. I live at maianbar Hugh when your checking the maps.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Yeah i'm keen..... everyone said the last one was awesome and I don't want to miss it if it is the NSW Christmas cruise!!

Will be dependant on dates for me though

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Yeah sorry guys, I haven't been online much because of my 1) stupid phone line, then 2) stupid computer and I've just been real busy as well.

I'll bow out of xmas activity organisation this year because of these probs and I'll sort out something awesome for next year :) Plus I'll organise Go-Karts for January next year.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hey you got phone lines out that way now eh Paul ?

Thought you were getting the internet via smoke signals lol :p

I'm interested in this, also depending on dates. Would be funny to pack my dead end street full of VR4s & have a get together at my place afterwards hehe.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Smoke signals were fine until I burnt the blanket.

I still don't know how to write 'help...blanket on fire' in smoke signals :p

Hey we're only just getting sewerage here! lol

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
hey guys, i am off to qld tomoro and would not be able to use the internet aften so if i do not show up, i am still alive..

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
the plan was to meet up but my director is comming with me with one of the chiefs so i can not nsneak out or anything. have to attend all dinners and functions and stuff for all 4 nights, but trying to squeeze out~

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I think you should be sending it Paul, not getting it ! :p

We are backwards out here in hickville!

I'm happy to do the cruise whereever, central coast, south, north, east (not too far as it gets wet) or west. :D

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I should be in for this Jono :)

Any location too!

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Okay guys and gals, not sure if anyone has been working behind the scenes on something but.....

I have a proposed route which just needs to be confirmed... (Sorry Brad, your not on the 10 top places to see in this game.. hehehe). Game does not require the use of a VR4. (But you may get there quicker!)

Questions are mostly done. Will try a dry run this weekend from Start to Finish and see how long it takes and if I need to make any changes to the route and questions. (And if you are thinking of following me, I won't be in the VR4 so good luck with that.) Route is about 150km subject to test run. I have a list of what to bring, wear etc which will be provided.

Propsed Start and Proposed Finish line have been determined. So if all goes to plan, need to know the following:
1. Proposed weekend date (Saturday or Sunday), I'm out 7/8th and 21/28th November.
2. Who's in? For catering, copies of nav questions, prizes, etc.
3. I need another 1 or 2 max to help organise. This will be mainly for start and finish duties, lunch, refereeing and collecting of the bribes from participants... Any takers...
4. What would be an acceptable entry fee to cover prizes, maybe lunch, trophies etc. $10, $20, etc. per car. (plan is to include a bottle of water and snack at the start!)

The Proposed start location the Outback Steakhouse Near Parklea Markets in Sydney. End Location is a secret... but not in Sydney and not north or east of the start location based on the current route which is subject to change. (That's the only hint I'm giving.) Dawso, $50 and we can head your way....$100 and we don't lol.

Rules of the game have been mainly done and will start a new thread if people like the concept above. If not, then oh well....

Proposed Prizes (TBC) for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Last Place, Strangest Clothing, Weirdest Hat, Most likely to be rescued...

Thoughts.....????

Paul, would love you help with some of the finer details of what went well or not from last year if your free for an hour or so. We could do a pub meet... hehehehe

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Sounds pretty awesome :)

Top Bottom