[NSW/QLD] Tamworth Meet 24th and 25/07/2010

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
So, as in the title, it would appear that a couple of you want to come visit me :D (Cute)

I would suggest that each state/city create their own thread as I assume you guys will want to travel together. Someone who is coming down will need to take ownership of their respective state's members.

If needed I MIGHT be able to put up one person/couple for the night but it is first in best dressed, PM me :lol:

I'll leave plans open at this stage as I don't want to lock anything in. I have a work function I must make an appearance on Saturday night but it shouldn't be for too long so don't worry ;)

Any suggestions for anything people would like to do whilst they are here would be appreciated. Also, if you let me know when you plan to arrive I can organise stuff around that too! I would imagine that Sydney folk may come on Friday after work as its only 4ish hours but I guess we will see!

Cheers everyone,

Dawso

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I can't do 24th, I have a Kasabian concert on lol. Otherwise tho it would've been pretty cool to come up!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
That's ok Tom, we could without the risks of STIs anyways lol..

I'll be up for it. I'll search for acco, but I might be having a round trip.
So who's in charge of us NSW boys?

M

Mitchie

Unregistered
Tamworth aint bad! we have a shiny guitar. Legend has it, Slim dusty imbued it with magic country music powers.

OH! and that werid hill, where you car rolls up hill. Stick car in Neutral, hop out. Watch it go up hill. Creepy stuff.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I might be able to come along for this 24th July thingy now :)

Sounds the opposite to a hill out near Liverpool.. Where something forces your car backwards, until you get to the very top, then it's like you get hit with a boost of power! Haunted hill haha..

My mate went in his S2k and he said it was like the car was stalling and struggling, then when he got towards the top all of a sudden it's like all this power kicked in and the car launched! Not wanting to be defeated by these urban legends, he went back in a V8 nissan patrol thing, same dealio! I want to go check it out haha..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
can't make 24th, Ive just come out of my grave shift that morning.. can we move the date?! lol

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
No such thing as a V8 Patrol?? Anyways yea there's something similar in Ireland called Magnetic Mountain. You stop at a certain point, chuck the car into neutral & rolls back up the hill. Really freaky! Until you get out of the car & realise it's all an optical illusion. D'oh!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Patrol, Landcruiser, same thing lol. Whatever he said, it was V8 and big like a Patrol/Landcruiser

Haha rolls back up the hill?! Dude that sounds so weird haha

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
If anyone would like to move the date (Apart from Chris obviously) let me know. Its a fair hike for a weekend on short notice!

I have organised a cruise for the 11th August through boostcruising for the Tamworth crew, maybe then might be better? There should be about 20 cars going already then haha

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Where do you cruise to in Tamworth?

For numbers sake;
My votes = 24th should be okay, 31st should be okay for me too =]

7th is a maybe!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Its all crap:pToo far to go. Is thi the only meet/cruise being organised anytime soon?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Its all crap:pToo far to go. Is thi the only meet/cruise being organised anytime soon?

No.... I have something up my sleeve, I just want to wait until the days get a little longer!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Tamworth aint bad! we have a shiny guitar. Legend has it, Slim dusty imbued it with magic country music powers.

OH! and that werid hill, where you car rolls up hill. Stick car in Neutral, hop out. Watch it go up hill. Creepy stuff.

There's one of those about 5 minutes from my house too! :D

I'll be at the snow that weekend, can't make it sorry.

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Yeah I'm with you Dave. As much as I want to meet up with all you characters, I can't justify the 2+ tanks of fuel and full weekend to trek to Tamworth.

Oh I'm gonna do my lifters this weekend, Dave if your still keen?

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
No.... I have something up my sleeve, I just want to wait until the days get a little longer!

I have one of those too... with lots of prizes.

I'm a maybe at the moment Dawso.... broken car and house the problem.

Top Bottom