Not open for further replies.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
G'Day All,

After meeting with some of the QLD guys on the w/e, it was thought that it was perhaps in order to have a combined QLD/NSW meet.

Being that Tamworth is about halfway between Sydney and Brissie, has plenty of accomodation and a hirable race track, i wanted to find out how many would be interested in doing this?

The plan is to do this later in the year (August/September) over a weekend. Maybe some camping/drinking/racing for the w/e would be a good way for everyone to meet?

Before i start planning anything, i would like to know rough numbers for interest (BTW, bring the family), and perhaps some good dates for doing it. Do remember that it is icy cold here in winter, and stinkin hot in summer!

Cheers,

Dawso

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I would like to meet the NSW folks so I'd be keen (and for a go on the track). However I think we'd need at least 15 "definites" to make it worth our while.

If people aren't keen on Tamworth (no offense Dawso!) feel free to suggest another venue (e.g Coffs Harbour?).

I also know some people were a bit worried about driving that far and then breaking their car at a track day so as well as saying whether or not you'd be interested in going also post whether you'd be interested in hitting the track as well.

Here's a pic of the track layout from CMI who run it

trackview-lg.gif

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
Im a definate and my girl said she would come down if i was going for a weekend.

What long weekends are coming up closer to the time?

If i had my choice i would go for late winter esspecially because ill be hitting the track (might even work out whats causing my rear body roll). Wouldnt really want to run the VR4 in the heat of summer.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
That sounds like a cool idea !

I'm getting married on September 27 this year so I'm up in the air whether I'd be able to go though ..... I'd probably be in a catatonic state of mind filled with stress & nerves for the big day !!!!!!

Hmm... maybe I can convince the missus to go for a pre-wedding honeymoon hahahahaha...

G

Unregistered
Yea sounds great, I'd be interested in both the meet and the track.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Wow! Looks like we won't have much trouble pulling together a crew for this one!

Late winter sounds like the go for the track so perhaps sometime in August?

Heres the dates that the track is unavailable here -

2 August Tamworth Motor Cycle Club
16, 17 August Tamworth Motor Cycle Club
23, 24 August Tamworth Kart Racing Club

So perhaps the w/e of 9/10th of August?

There is no long w/e's in August which is a bit of a bummer but it should be all good anyways :D

Keep the ideas flowin fellas!

Cheers,

Dawso

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Dawso, would you have rough ideas on how much it'll cost for every member? like cost for accommodation, food, probably travel?! and of course the cost of track hire and what are the requirements as most of use have never really been to a track..

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Christian, i'm in the process at the moment of chasing up stuff about the track about cost and requirements. I have sent the president of the club that runs the track an email but as of yet i haven't heard a response.

In terms of accomodation, food etc... it will depend on what people want to do, whether it be camping and bbq's OR 5 star motel and 3 course meals.

Personally i wouldn't mind the camping thing out at a place called Lake Keepit (http://www.stateparks.nsw.gov.au/lake_keepit)..... This would mean that everyone could choose what they want to stay in, be it tent/cabin/van. Prices and info are on the site above. Its about 40km/20 min drive from the track site.

Its a 6 hour trip from Brissie and 5 hours from Sydney to get here, both chew about $80 fuel each way (higher NSW prices)

Apart from that i don't think there is much else i can let you know until i get some definates in terms of dates and where we are staying.

I'm kinda going with that collabrative thinking thing :ROFLMAO:

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
And by the way, if we can't make up the numbers for the track, i SHOULD be able to get some local guys that will be willing to pitch in to have a run around the track!

G

Unregistered
Just thinking out aloud, what exactlly is the plan for this? Get down there at about midnight on Saturday or early Saturday morning and leave late Sunday? Fit the track time in between?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I think it will have to be a long weekend with track day on the middle day. Otherwise we will be too buggered to do anything by the time we drive there.

How about Labour Day weekend 4-6 October? I know it's a long way off but that should allow people plenty of time to organise leave.

EDIT: just realised that 6Oct is only Labour Day in NSW... stupid state specific public hols!!

Maybe the QLD guys could take the Monday off as well?

cheers

Lee

cheers

Lee

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hmmmmmm....... You both make very valid points.

The queens birthday long weekend is in June and we could make the w/e the 7/8/9th.

Track day on Sunday the 8th?

Its only 6 weeks away though, it'll be fairly difficult to get everyone together for a track day on such short notice.........And the temperature here could be anywhere from -5 to 15 degrees, which could rule out camping..... Or we could all just go for the cabins.... Or i could just stay at my place in front of the nice warm heater :ROFLMAO:

Depending on what the guys from QLD want to do will determine what decision is made.... So let me know!

Cheers,

Dawso

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I could probably make Queens Birthday weekend, would just have to check with the wife to see if we already have plans.

cheers

Lee

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Thats exactly what i am in fear of Lee, that everyone will have plans for this w/e too.....

Dawso

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
im pretty keen on this - just gotta see how things are around that time of year (where im living, what im earning)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hmmmmmmmm........This thread went pretty quiet pretty quickly lol.....

At this stage it isn't looking real good for turnout..... Do we wanna keep pursuing this and see if we can rope some more people in?

Dawso

G

Unregistered
I could probably make Queens Birthday weekend, would just have to check with the wife to see if we already have plans.

Maybe you could put a poll on this thread seeing how many people are able to turn up to the Queens long weekend and how many can't?

ie
Wants to meet on the Queens long weekend, but no track time
Wants to meet on the Queens long weekend and track time
Doesn't want to meet on the Queens long weekend, or track time
Doesn't want to meet on the Queens long weekend, but wants track time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom