VW Touareg
Hahaha......... I will refrain from making a disgusting comment right now :D

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
So what do we think, next year sound the go? Or do we want to do labour day?

mickeyb

Crunching Gears
First Name
Micah
Drive
Stagea Legnum Chaser
I'll be in.

That is, if you'll allow me to bring the Stagea: I'm hoping to have sold the Legnum by then, and will be in the process of obtaining a manual one...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Micah, of course you can bring your stag if you haven't got your leggy yet.. as long as you give me (us) 3-4 car length start.. hehe

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Micah you can bring your Stag..... You just can't hang out with us ;) There's a couple of Stag's in Tamworth already so you won't be the odd one out!

If it gets postponed till next year you will prob already have your legnum anyways, fingers crossed!

Dawso

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
fellas.. just wanna know what to expect with this..

like what we should bring other than the obvious (driver and car)

should we bring spare parts? pads, rotors, wheels & tyres and etc?!

so everyone can get their stuff ready..

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I don't think 6 cars is enough to justify an interstate trip - we get more cars than that at our QLD meets :)

Maybe we aim for next year (or NSW labour weekend)?

as for what to bring, it depends on how hard you intend to push I guess. If you're pads aren't reasonably new then you might want an extra set. Same with tires.

However I'd say you should be fine to drive down there, spend a few hours on the track and drive home.

cheers

Lee

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hmmmmm..... This is disappointing

Where is our interstate spirit!

NSW blokes, I went to a QLD meet guys, they're not that bad!

I think we need to set a date a little further into the future..... Summer is fun, but not on the cars..... Perhaps next ANZAC day or Easter w/e? It'll be starting to cool off a bit by then at least!

In terms of parts, as long as someone brings the essentials, local Mitsubishi here don't even know what a legnum is lol..... You can get tyres here, but brake pads defo, as well as oils (diff/AYC/gearbox/brake fluid), a good toolkit and probly some know how! :D

Brad and Carsten know nearly everything about these cars, maybe you pair should come along!

Dawso

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Right, so we couldn't get it together for this w/e :(

I think i might just PM everyone from NSW and QLD just to get them to vote lol.... (joking :ROFLMAO:)

My new proposed dates 6/7/8 June 2009. Queens birthday long w/e next year.

And before anyone says "But i could be in retirement by then!", the reason for it being so far away is so we can have a winter track day to save our cars a little. Apparently they don't like 45 degree days. :eek:

I will start a new poll.... Will attend/Won't attend..... and we'll see how we go from there.

*Edit - Could one of the mods please do this/give me the ability to do this.

We will stay at Lake Keepit Recreational Park, have the track day on the Sunday (if we get enough) or sightseeing tour. Bring the family or friends if you have any.

If you have any questions either post it or PM me.

Dawso

G

Unregistered
I think that sounds like an awesome idea :p I really do recon the winter will keep our cars off the back of a tow truck. When i made a couple of passes on Mount Tambourine at 9 in the morning (8 deg) a couple of weekends ago, i could feel and hear the difference in performance.

Count me in. Doesnt matter, rain, hail or shine, ill be there. By then i should have my new intercooler, exhaust and maybe even a new set of suspension (plus a few health additions for more power).

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Right, so we couldn't get it together for this w/e :(

I think i might just PM everyone from NSW and QLD just to get them to vote lol.... (joking :ROFLMAO:)

My new proposed dates 6/7/8 June 2009. Queens birthday long w/e next year.

And before anyone says "But i could be in retirement by then!", the reason for it being so far away is so we can have a winter track day to save our cars a little. Apparently they don't like 45 degree days. :eek:

I will start a new poll.... Will attend/Won't attend..... and we'll see how we go from there.

*Edit - Could one of the mods please do this/give me the ability to do this.

We will stay at Lake Keepit Recreational Park, have the track day on the Sunday (if we get enough) or sightseeing tour. Bring the family or friends if you have any.

If you have any questions either post it or PM me.

Dawso

Hi Dawso,

best to just start a new thread with the definite date, location, plans etc.

Then we can close this one.

How far out can you book the track? Is that weekend next year definitely free?

cheers

Lee

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Only one way to find out Lee!

I'll get in touch with them....

I'll also start a new thread if we can get the track.

At least we have plenty of planning time for it now :D

Dawso

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Due to popular demand, i'll get this thread going again......

And by get this thread going again, i mean close it and start a new one for this year lol

Once i get some info together and some more details, i'll start a new thread to see who will be interested in doing something like this.

Could one of the mods please close this thread.

Cheers,

Dawso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom