[NSW/QLD] Tamworth trackday intrest - Sunday 7th June (Queens birthday long w/e)

Interested in coming to a NSW/QLD trackday meet on Sunday June the 7th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Just gauging intrest for the track day I am organising in Tamworth for the Sunday the 7th June (Queens birthday long w/e)

Track hire is $1000 a day (Cheap really) and will be run under the Tamworth sporting car club banner. The entry and day membership for TSCC will be under the $100 mark.

Unfortunately, TSCC does NOT do day licences for CAMS and will not hold an event under its public liability, so eveyone will need to get their Level 2 CAMS licence separately.

If more than 10 people attend it'll come in under $200 for a day of racing!!!! :)

The reason we need to do it under TSCC, is they will organise facilities, track cleanup etc :D

I thought that was a good deal.

The track is still available for Queens B'Day long w/e if we want to go ahead.

I am expecting 20 MEMBERS TO COME TO THIS!!! ;)

There is MOUNTAINS of accomodation in Tamworth and its cheap as chips at most places....

Anyone who wants further info can just PM me :)

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I'll have to have a look at it mate.

I want to come but need to look at dates / $. Also I would like to find a local car club I can join so I can do some cheap trackdays here in sydney too.

G

Unregistered
Let me make sure I have a CAMS licence and I'll vote Dawso. I don't think I have anything planned that weekend and it'd be a good weekend away even if I don't end up on the track :)

If the numbers a looking a little on the small side I might know one or two people in Sydney who might come in Toyota's.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Thats great Connor, the more the merrier i guess..... If we can't make up the numbers i might invite EvoOz and/or MCA to see if we can get more

I may be able to pull some Tamworth Car Club members to have a go as well so i'm sure numbers won't be an issue :D

Hugh, the link to "How To:Obtain a CAMS licence" has a link to the CAMS webpage where you can search for local clubs. have a look there ansd see if you can find one. Theres one in nearly every Sydney suburb! :)

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Awesome!

And Wayne, you've gone soft haha..... Coming to the trackday to watch :p

Kirstin, Tell Dawso you want a colourless, flawless, 6 carat diamond ring.:eek:

Soft, Got some work on the car scheduled but not sure it will be back in time.

G

Unregistered
After sharing the fact I'm applying for a (non-competitive) racing licence I think I've convinced Sarah to get hers - so provided everyone is nice she might make an appearance on the track as well :)

She's actually wanting to drive a Silvia I'm trying to line up as a track day/hillclimb car and I can't guarantee her it will be street legal, so I said the only way is to get her CAMS licence and she says "oh ok, if you don't have to sit a test I can do it"

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Kirstin, Tell Dawso you want a colourless, flawless, 6 carat diamond ring.:eek:

Soft, Got some work on the car scheduled but not sure it will be back in time.

Bah! Don't put ideas in her head man haha

And that sucks about the car. How can you need to have work done when you don't drive it though :p

Its alright, I won't hold it against you forever.... At least you are coming up for it :)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
PMSL...... More co-conspirators. This is going to go away, Your doomed.. Whens the engagement party and wheres our invites...

I have an Idea...... change thread title to>

[NSW/QLD] Tamworth trackday intrest / Dawso and Kirstin's Engagement Party - Sunday 7th June

hoodwinking continuing - hijack over..... :D :D :D :D

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Bah! Don't put ideas in her head man haha

And that sucks about the car. How can you need to have work done when you don't drive it though :p

Its alright, I won't hold it against you forever.... At least you are coming up for it :)

Funny you should say that, I've had to drive it in today, as the HJ is in for a service and a Pink Slip...(Stupid NSW laws). I started putting a list of changes together on the weekend and canvasing places to purchase.... She could be off the road for a couple of months at this rate... But I hope to give you and Chris some comp on the BOV front.:bigsmile:

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Shoot me now hahaha..... If it happens i'll be the first to let you guys know OK!

Ooohhh and another BOV :D

Irwin and Dimi have VTA one's too.... Must be a NSW thing hehe

And agreed, useless NSW laws

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
BUMP!

I have 4 QLD'ers (If I include myself in the QLD crew) and 1 NSW member who won't be going on the track! No offence Wayne lol, I understand.

Paul, Chris, Emanuel, Hugh, Irwin, Dimi, Tom? Thought you guys would jump at the oppurtunity? Kat's out of this one as shes tied up that w/e....

If you are worried about getting a CAMS licence, don't be its easy as... If I don't get the numbers i'll extend the invite to other clubs and we'll have fun without you :p

Sorta need to know soon so I can confirm track booking

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Not completely out of this one just yet Dawso, its dependant on whether the new one arrives in time....... I don't think Nudge will miss an op to try the new one out even if it means missing a JDCA hillclimb event, I'll give u a heads up once i know whats going on with the new one.... sorry dawso, best answer I can give you at this point

G

Unregistered
As we speak I have a Southern Districs Motorsport Association membership coming my way who are affiliated with CAMS - and they just happen to run my local hillclimb track ;)

Oh, and I voted as a yes to attend and race - even if something happens and I can't race I'll still throw money in for the heartache caused :)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Cheers guys, thats great! :)

I have an Idea...... change thread title to>

[NSW/QLD] Tamworth trackday intrest / Dawso and Kirstin's Engagement Party - Sunday 7th June

PMSL..... Completely missed that edit haha

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
BUMP!

Paul, Chris, Emanuel, Hugh, Irwin, Dimi, Tom? Thought you guys would jump at the oppurtunity?

Can't make a decision at this time Dawso, I am currently on the process of settlements for my new home. I will get back to you as soon as we settled in around end of April or mid May. I hope that is not too late by then.

G

Unregistered
Ok Dawso i should be able to make this. Just dont forget to bring my CAMS paperwork to Port.

Top Bottom