8" subs.. any brands do you recommend?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey fellas.. some of you know that I've got the JL Audio 12w6v2...

best sub I've ever used or listened to.. (IMO)

now I'm looking into replacing it.. well not in about 6 months time or so.. but I'd just thought I'd ask now..

so far there's only been 1 brand/model that I'm particulary looking at..

JL Audio 8w7... 3 ohms... and plan is to get 2 subs.. also i'll be hooking it up on my current JL Audio 500/1 amp.. to minimize cost..

any other brands in the 8" size that you guys might've come across or recommend?

G

Unregistered
I recommend putting in two sub boxes with 10" audiobahn's like I have done as it has not taken much space and sounds really good. It is in my wagon if you have a sedan then I would have to look into it but audiobahn make some great gear.

G

Unregistered
I run a trio of Polk Audio db series 8s and it's the best decision I've made car audio-wise. But the Polk company has been shut down and I'm not sure how easily you could get a hold of them.

Chris Rogers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris Rogers
Drive
wagon
true, the question is though how loud do you listen to it. small subs will only take so much at high volume unless you use multiples.
Polk is still around btw.

Renz

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lorenzo Bolanca
Drive
White 1997 Type S Legnum
Hey Chris. you've probably already sorted yourself out, but if not, here's my 2c. Go the JL's mate. I still have a box with 3 x 8" JL's in my other car and they sound amazing. I'm not the type to go for huge diameter subs and prefer the subtlety of multiple smaller ones.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
haven't sorted it out, still have the JL Audio 12w6v2 in the boot and still kickin'

had to postpone this since the finance manager doesn't think it's needed.. LOL

Renz

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lorenzo Bolanca
Drive
White 1997 Type S Legnum
Well, seeing as you already have the 12w, maybe the finance manager is right. :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
haha.. the 8w7 would work just right with my 500/1..

i wonder if i do some pokey-pokey near the sub would work..

btw.. im in need of 2 x 2 channel amp or a decent power 4 channel amp...

Riley

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Riley
Drive
96 Legnum vr4
from what ive heard the JL would be the pick of 8" subs on the market.....although i believe that focal have one in the Be range although im sure it would be quite expensive

Joe Bellissimo

Crunching Gears
First Name
Joe
Drive
CH Lancer
VIBE also make the Deep Space 8 which has widespread love from dealers :) Nothing is funnier than chatting to another dealer about the awesomeness of products that we mutually sell LOL!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
We do realise this thread hasn't been posted in since May last year right? :p

Top Bottom