A cheap alternative to the Haltech boost control solenoid.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Some googling has shown me that apparently the MAC valve 35a-aaa-ddea-1ba is the exact same thing as the haltech one that sells for $120-150.

I have emailed the local supplier for pricing and availability.
http://www.pneumatics.com.au/

I'll update here to let you know. The price I saw quoted for one was $US22.

Just thought this might interest someone.

Cheers.

Ahhh well.. lol maybe.
The part number I quote has american threasd which are not available in australia.
The same thing with BSP thread is 35A-ACA-DDEA-1BA MOD4304 (the mod number just designates is has a mesh filter in it which is an extra apparently).
It's $81.80! I imagine it doesn't come with the fittings either... but I guess if you are scrooging (or a student like me) you migh appriciate the saving.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Bugger, but full points for a top effort, Hugh! My solenoid only cost $100, but that was when the exchange rate was good ;)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
The same thing with BSP thread is 35A-ACA-DDEA-1BA MOD4304 (the mod number just designates is has a mesh filter in it which is an extra apparently).
It's $81.80! I imagine it doesn't come with the fittings either...

Let me try and see if my old man can get these as they do pneumatics too...

What fittings will you need?

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
I found a place in aus selling solenoids for about $60 NZ. I'm not sure if they're the right sort, but one of them worked fine for my Blitz SSBC.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Let me try and see if my old man can get these as they do pneumatics too...

What fittings will you need?

Well it will need fittings that take those tiny 1/4" (maybe) rubber hoses that you put the MBC in line with.

See if you can remember smohekey!

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
This is the guys email address: justin@hybrid-power.com

And this is the response I got from him:
Hi,
The solenoids would be $60 each (100psi), they are the major component of the kit. We also have a MAC solenoid 120psi which would be $90 per unit.

I can't remember if this is AU or NZ dollars. I suspect it was NZ though, as I paid about $80 for a solenoid and bleed valve (which I biffed).

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Hybrid-Power, or HDi (don't ask me why the acronym doesn't match)... these guys did the piggyback and boost controller for the HPI project car (love these acronyms...)

A few of us have been waiting on them to finalise the production version of the piggyback so we have an alternative to the Haltech.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I spoke to dad today (and dropped off a set of stock brake lines so he can make stock braided lines for people) and he said it shouldn't be a drama. They deal directly with the main supplier (Sydney based too!).

I won't have any firm prices till either tonight or Monday though, depends how busy his day is.

Will keep you all in the loop.

Well it will need fittings that take those tiny 1/4" (maybe) rubber hoses that you put the MBC in line with.

See if you can remember smohekey!

So it'll need the burred-style brass fittings with hose clamps?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Sweet.

Spoke to the old man, he can get the MAC one no problems, but no cheaper than what's already quoted here. They only get 20% off and then frieght on top of that which is pretty rough.

BUT...he spoke to another supplier and they're looking into an equivalent for him. Stay tuned!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Good news!

He's found an equivalent a little bit cheaper at $73.00 inc GST.

boostsolenoid.jpg

The one we need is 305.M4 (circled). The fittings would be bugger all, so you'd end up close the same price as above but with the fittings.

Top Bottom