About the fuel consumption

G

Unregistered
there is a question about the fuel consumption

ive got a 97 Legnum Vr4 , its a pre-facelift

but i just can get 300-350km around town ... ( almost no more than 3000rpms ~ )

is it something wrong with the car?

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
What fuel are you using?
Have you got a modified are intake, such as a pod?

G

Unregistered
What fuel are you using?
Have you got a modified are intake, such as a pod?

yes , i use the pod filter , and a aftermarket exhaust .
95 octane pertrol~

with the cat done!~

Robotnik123

Crunching Gears
First Name
Jan
Drive
1999 Legnum VR-4 Type S
That's within the bounds of normality for city driving in a Legnum VR-4. I would suggest you try 98 Octane petrol and also check your wheel alighnment, air filter, spark plugs and other basics. Anyway, your fuel consumption is actually not that bad and I'd have seen worse in my car. There really isn't a lot you can do unfortunately.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
You could try going back to a stock intake to see if it makes any difference, too.

*waits for Paul's tirade* :rolleyes:

G

Unregistered
Japanese cars are not going to run at maximum efficiency on 95 octane fuel. I recon start with 98 first and check the plugs.
Leave the intake till last ... LOL

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6

Did you bother to use the search function. This has all been covered before in the Fuel Consumption thread. All your questions and answer can be found there.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Which should have been on the end of my reply... I was too busy baiting Paul ;)

Thanks Pete :)

G

Unregistered
Did you bother to use the search function. This has all been covered before in the Fuel Consumption thread. All your questions and answer can be found there.

yes ive search that ... so different result ...
someone on cvr4 say that they can run almose 500kms per full tank ....

OMG

G

Unregistered
Japanese cars are not going to run at maximum efficiency on 95 octane fuel. I recon start with 98 first and check the plugs.
Leave the intake till last ... LOL

theres no any 98 octane petrol in nelson of nz ....

what a bigggggggg pity

G

Unregistered
That's within the bounds of normality for city driving in a Legnum VR-4. I would suggest you try 98 Octane petrol and also check your wheel alighnment, air filter, spark plugs and other basics. Anyway, your fuel consumption is actually not that bad and I'd have seen worse in my car. There really isn't a lot you can do unfortunately.

ive done the wheel alighnment , cost me $70 ..

i think i will check the spark plugs next step..

then change the air filter

e.. i must join the cvr4 to learn how to change the spark plug

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
sorry i didn't realize you were from NZ.. have you asked Brad or Carsten about the your consumption? they might have a better idea since they're from nz too..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I find that in normal driving I get 10-12l/100km. If I really go slow I've seen 9l/100km. What is your actual consumption? The fuel gauges in these are inaccurate, you could be filling up at 40l or 50l, and that obviously makes a huge difference.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
G'Day All,

On a trip averaging 100KM/H i manage to pull near enough to 480K's out of a tank...... My driving style in town greatly lowers that to less than 300k's (my bad, but i haven't been booked yet!)

From fuel light being on to fuel flowing out the spout of tank is a little over 44 litres.

In simple terms it means i get better fuel economy than a WRX or EVO or 90% of OZ V8's, and am close enough to on par with the family/mid-size - large car market.

So really your on par with everyone else! :D

And remove that pod :eek: lol.... Sucking masses of hot air from and engine wouldn't be helping me thinks

Cheers,

Dawso

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Oh, and BTW, i run 12PSI boost, if that makes any difference lol....

Dawso

G

Unregistered
I find that in normal driving I get 10-12l/100km. If I really go slow I've seen 9l/100km. What is your actual consumption? The fuel gauges in these are inaccurate, you could be filling up at 40l or 50l, and that obviously makes a huge difference.

i think i just can run 320km per tank with the semi-auto. i top up the fuel as soon as the fuel warning light is on. because i cant get 98 octane , so just 95 octane. the last time i went to CHCH , it can run 500+kms in the open road , but the normally drive drinks so muchhhh!

is that just 40l when the small yellow light on?

G

Unregistered
sorry i didn't realize you were from NZ.. have you asked Brad or Carsten about the your consumption? they might have a better idea since they're from nz too..

thx mate : )

G

Unregistered
G'Day All,

On a trip averaging 100KM/H i manage to pull near enough to 480K's out of a tank...... My driving style in town greatly lowers that to less than 300k's (my bad, but i haven't been booked yet!)

From fuel light being on to fuel flowing out the spout of tank is a little over 44 litres.

In simple terms it means i get better fuel economy than a WRX or EVO or 90% of OZ V8's, and am close enough to on par with the family/mid-size - large car market.

So really your on par with everyone else! :D

And remove that pod :eek: lol.... Sucking masses of hot air from and engine wouldn't be helping me thinks

Cheers,

Dawso

thx mate !

is there a manual ? or a semi-auto?

i think we did the same thing . in u case u keep the 12psi , but i keep the stock psi ( im a poor guy without the bc : ) )
but ive never boost my legnum in the city , im quite worry about the small turbo .. i dont want it be sick : )

maybe i need to boost it harder and harder??

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
You don't need to worry about damaging anything with the stock turbos - they run out of breath loooooong before they can hurt your engine, quite apart from the ECU getting in the mix to make sure you don't go too crazy.

If you can get those figures out of highway driving I suspect your problem is a little heavy footed on take-off. I know how hard it is to be light on the throttle of these cars - they jump so quickly and easily it seems a shame to accellerate like a granny. But then, isn't that what having a car like this is all about? If you want the horses, you've got to feed them...

Top Bottom