using busted ipod screen as fuel consumption/clock?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Haha what are the chances of making one to incorporate a 52mm boost gauge and this screen Q? Haha

Well, you could get a OEL screen i guess Q, it does say on the site it's compatible with any screen of the same pixel count and protocol(?)

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
Just thought i would share this project I have been working on as its relevant to this thread (sorry for the video quality and shaking)

[video=youtube_share;R1k3oheXY8Y]http://youtu.be/R1k3oheXY8Y[/video]
IMG_20121115_174505.jpg

At this point it isn't connected to the car (I have to wait for some components to arrive before i can connect it up) but I have programmed in the interface that *should* work (providing the protocol i have been given is the right one). the movie is just a dummy mock up to test the programming of the display modules to check that the display segments i have made all work correctly.
Its a 3.2" colour LCD touch screen (not sure if i will actually use the touch function at all)
It will be connected to the cars ECU to gather the necessary diagnostics information directly. doing it that way simplifies the program, as it simply has to send a request for the necessary data and then only has to do basic calculations (using the same formulas that evoscan uses) rather than having to actually monitor multiple inputs and then do calculations (the universal type trip computers actually monitor pulses coming from speed sensors etc and have to convert pulses to frequencies and then to speeds, this cuts all that computation out by simply requesting the end result from the ecu).

obviously the clock isn't functional yet, i need to get a real time clock module so that the actual time can be displayed.

I haven't figured out exactly what data im going to use yet, will probably just start off with basic data available from the ECU and other useful bits, like estimated distance to empty and small things like flashing the fuel tank logo on and off when fuel is low.

I do plan on adding various features to it in the future though like interfacing to ultrasonic modules around the car to make a basic park assist feature (no more gutter rash!).

G

Unregistered
Haha what are the chances of making one to incorporate a 52mm boost gauge and this screen Q? Haha

Well, you could get a OEL screen i guess Q, it does say on the site it's compatible with any screen of the same pixel count and protocol(?)

Easy buddy.. Ill cross ref the dims of the screen and gauge and see how they match up to the pod ATM lol

Oggie

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
terry
Drive
1999 Vr4 Legnum
Yea terry that's an Aksum find.. Thanx fir searching .. I'm liking that!!! I'm going to buy some I tthinks I if I read right we can select screen colours or order them in the colours?

cheers, I used to have those two book marked but sadly I totally forgot to back up my bookmarks when I installed win8.
not sure about screen colours. imo white or blue would be ok for most.

btw I haz me a google nexus 7, gonna use it as my headunit once I get a decent sound processor. IE alpine or similar. so I can feed it to amps etc. dang thing has a redonkulous battery life as far as music goes. and happily does gps and gps speed tracking.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
im havin a tough time deciding between the black with white font and the $35 OLED option...

Top Bottom