Coil On Plug using Bosch Audi R8 coils

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
The machine is an Elegoo Neptune 4. Managed to get one on pre order mid August.
Very nice for what looks like a fairly cheap machine. Print quality looks equal to what my old work's Ultimaker S5 put out in Nylon.

Do you keep it in a de-humidifier or something? We found once any nylon filament sat for a few days exposed the environment it would go bad.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
We have heavy duty zip locks and desiccant sachets, the filament runs through a dehumidifier for a few hours prior to printing and then into the enclosure with the printer, we only run a small exhaust fan on completion prior to opening the door.
We have about 20 different filaments all zip locked with see desiccant.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Very nice, sounds like the way to go. All my experience is with the easy stuff beyond that brief testing when we got the Ultimaker S5.

galantvr4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Raineri
Drive
Galant vr4
Hey. Can anyone help me. I habe done cop kit to my vr4 galant. And if i just put all 6 vag coils there is no spark at all. But if i use one off orginal coil then there is spark. I have done the wiring like in picture. Like every 3 wires are split to 2 and plug in to every coil. Only problem it not work if there is not one orginal coil. Now i have number 6 and 3 pluget orginal coil and all works. 1,2,4 and 5 have vag coil????

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Hi Galant R4

You can message me and I'll help you out if I can.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive

The above is a link to my son's website for more information on the R8 coil harness.
The site contains mostly connectors and pigtail looms for Ford BA BF (Barra Turbo) engine connectors.

Last edited:

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Spotted the Bosch coils yesterday at a great price on eBay for anyone looking to upgrade, just under $39 about $12 postage for 3.

Top Bottom