ACD+AYC ECU Re-Flashed

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
Re-flashed the Evo ACD+AYC ECU last night, with a new beta version of EcuFlash with a fix for the 7203 chip.

Have not tried it on a VR4 EFI ECU yet, but it should work.
This would be applicable to year 2000 and later model VR4s and LEGNUMs.

Do VR4s have an ACD+AYC ECU? if so, then this is or should be applicable to you guys also.

Dave

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
VR4s don't have an ACD. Will be interesting to see if it will work with the 7203 chips though.

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
My VR-4 has ACD ;)

Colby has my ECU at present, if people don't want to risk reflashing until they KNOW if does or doesn't work, then I am happy to let you know when it is officially tested on one of our ECUs.

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Initial testing with my spare ECU shows that it doesn't suffer from the data corruption, and the car does start after being flashed.

So looking promising!

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Yep. Well, mostly! The diff is all put together, in the car and driving fine. What I have yet to do is get all the parts together to wire up the ACD pump and control it.

I wonder if the standard AYC ecu can be flashed with the ACD code...

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
please explain how the ACD is differnt to our car? im intruiged

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Sorry Paul, this isn't the thread for it. There is plenty of information on ACD using google.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
much like the AYC instead of left and right rear wheels.. its front and rear wheels.. :D

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
Kenneth, during the work on the ACD+AYC ecu and flashing etc I also had a look at the Evo6 AYC controller.

Sorry to say, it is quite different. Pinout is totally different, connectors are different and worst of all, it has a Motorola chip, so the code is alien.

Better to use an Evo7 ACD+AYC controller if you want tunability.

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
Did some more work on the VR4 / Legnum xml definitions last night.
There will have to be two different base files, as they must reflect the correct chip type and you have to diferentiate between 7202 and 7203.

That means you need two read templates as well.
Checking through Kats data on ECU case numbers, I've found instances of the one part number (MD340288) having three different controller chips.
But I would bet they have the same ROM ID inside. So this is going to get confusing when flashing or reading. The chip type will still have to be checked and probably seperate xmls for the same code.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Did some more work on the VR4 / Legnum xml definitions last night.
There will have to be two different base files, as they must reflect the correct chip type and you have to diferentiate between 7202 and 7203.

That means you need two read templates as well.
Checking through Kats data on ECU case numbers, I've found instances of the one part number (MD340288) having three different controller chips.
But I would bet they have the same ROM ID inside. So this is going to get confusing when flashing or reading. The chip type will still have to be checked and probably seperate xmls for the same code.

This is good news, I had steve knight scratching his head for two days last week trying to flash my 7203 chip.

Top Bottom