Adelaide International Raceway Street Meets

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
RacingONN are running a few more street meets this year (I think there's going to be 3 or 4). They had one last week. I believe the next one is a night meet mid May.

Anyone keen to take their VR-4 or Evo up to have a crack? I'm curious to see just how quick my Galant is now after the tune (since we're all a little unsure at this stage). It's $85 (including day license for non ANDRA members) for the night and you can usually get three or so runs in.

I wouldn't be doing any hard launches on my delicate box (no brake on revving) though, especially on a sticky drag strip.

Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Racing-Onn-Promotions/163072287100610?fref=ts

Year calender:
viewer

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
It's not too far from Jon's, so should anything break; free RAA tow to the workshop!

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
street meets are back on, eh? good stuff! been too long, really.... keen to go have a look, maybe even have a go...when my car finally gets here.
carrrmon guvinmnt and ship driver blokes

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
Awesome the 4,6 and rotary nationals are back. I went to last one sooooo many years ago(10 i think) hoping to see Archie Kajewski break 7 secs in his rotor, but they used to hold the event Jan/Feb so the track was too hot and no one in competition cars were doing full passes.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Is it still 1/8th or 1/4 mile? If it's 1/4 I'm stupid keen.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Its full quarter as far as I know. Check the fb page for it, it might say. I know they've been running top fuelers and stuff on it, so it should be 1/4.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Hopefully it isn't cancelled due to rain like last meet where a few VR4s were entering.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Street meets are run on the 1/4 mile.

Top Fuel and top alcohol have been run on 1000ft (2/3 of 402m) as terminal speeds at the end of the 1/4 mile are too high on those cars now.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Street meets are run on the 1/4 mile.

Top Fuel and top alcohol have been run on 1000ft (2/3 of 402m) as terminal speeds at the end of the 1/4 mile are too high on those cars now.

Is there not enough run off room at the end of the track?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yeah. There's always been an issue with the run-off room. The drag strip can't be modified at the start due to Port Wakefield rd. And behind the drag strip is a small dirt road and private property where the owners won't budge.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
NHRA - National Hot Rod Association runs all top fuel meets at 1000ft now:

Because of the speeds, this class almost exclusively races to only the 1,000 foot (300 m) distance, and not the traditional 1/4 mile (1,320 foot / 402 m). A 2008 rule change by the National Hot Rod Association following the fatal crash of Funny Car driver Scott Kalitta during qualifying at the SuperNationals, held at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ, that June led to the distance change. The shortening of the distance was used in the FIA at some tracks, and for 2012 is now the standard Top Fuel distance. ANDRA also switched to 1,000 foot racing in 2012 at Adelaide, but is the only internationally recognised sanctioning body that races at 1,320 foot for the majority of races.

so not just run off room at AIR (although that is an issue here)

Top Bottom