ahhhh ! rattling noise from passenger side of engine !!

G

Unregistered
okay never herd this noise before ever !! well not from this car any way so i dropped a mate off tonight on the way home we were talking n we heard this rattleing sound coming from the engine !! its not constant its hard to explain like it rattles but its does not have a pattern its kinda like rattle rattle rattle pause rattle rattle !!!!! arrggghhh i hope its not a rebuild!! the cars odo says 88000 the rattle is not very loud but its around the passenger side closest to the frount of the car , any ideas on what this could be ??

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Mike all KINDS of things can rattle - have you pulled anything off to take a look yet? Does it do it when the car's stationary with the engine running, or only whilst travelling?

My advice, if you can hear it with the engine running try to work out where it's coming from with the car stationary. If it only happens when the car's moving you have to eliminate things one at a time - is it steering, bearings, drive shafts (unlikely), loose gear linkage, a collapsed hydraulic lifter, unsecured bumper mount..? the list goes on. You can try putting the car on stands, pull the splash guard off so you can see underneath, pull some of the intake pipes off so you can see what's going on around the transmission and poke your nose around in case it's just something loose, but it'll be easier if you can take a look while the sound is actually happening.

G

Unregistered
you just have to learn to live with it ....hehehe..... =)

Our car it's not a new car anymore. rattle is a common problem..........

G

Unregistered
yeah it was comming from the motor !! well i worked it out with a few other ppl from work!

well got up this morning turned the car on no rattle then waited around still no rattles drove it to work (no rapeing) got out no rattles hmmmm then brang it inside at lunch and let it sit there for 30 mins lil reving mostly idleing n waited around listening (also wound the back up a lil due to mass scraping of my new system on speed bumps he he) so no sounds hmmmmmm well the only thing left that we think is the importer that i got it through wen he changed the oil used shit oil as it would have thinned out and caused the rockers to rattle !!(i did rape it a lil last night its soo hard not too . there is nothing else on the motor that could have made the sound that i herd last night so went out and bought motul turbolite 10w40 was gonna get fully syn but didnt know if i shouldve also bought shit box oil to flush the old shit out and oil filter. so ill get fully syn next time after i read some threads !!! thanks ppl

Top Bottom