almost the first breake down????? (Or why not to be a dickhead on the road)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unregistered
Had a strange thing happen today.
Just installed new GT recaro style seats and the guys told me to go for a spin to see how they feel.
We went for a quick drive and as it was late and car park was empty I decide to do a donut or two.
Anyway got the car into a 180 and a few burn outs and some sideways action and about 3-4 runs in the steering went bllaaahh.
All of a sudden really heavy and like no power steer.
My mate jumped in who is a local mechanic here and he said that once you rev the car the steering comes back on.
We tried this and sure enough there was power steer at high rpm but at idle and about 3000rpm there was only a very heavy wheel.
I decide to go home and called the only turbo guy here on the way home.
He said come around in the morning and we will have a look.
While driving home I gave it a squirt on a familiar road and the car boosted up as normal and then I backed of as road was ending quickly and I got the BOV jolt bac k and forth from the car under sudden back off and after the car bounced back and forth for a split second the steering all of a sudden came back to normal.
Dont know what to call this so maybee one of you guys might have an answer but it was a close call to having something break on the car as I have been very fortunate and I need to stay that way as in kyrgyzstan mine is the only manual vr4 and only about 10 total and getting parts I have to rely on ebay and fed ex which can be scary for my wallet.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Don't do Heli's then :) The power steering pumps are known for dieing when you do that.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Anyway got the car into a 180 and a few burn outs and some sideways action and about 3-4 runs in the steering went bllaaahh.

And this is why idiots shouldn't have VR4's.

I'm closing this thread. Go read the site rules Maxatk, you might learn something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom