any help

jacob

Idling at the Lights
First Name
jake
Drive
red leggie with red pearl
hey guys and girls
was taking the new leggie over the pits in dickson (act) and got knocked back because they had no tare weight (got that done already) and because the car was 10 mm too low, does anyone know any secrets to raise the car quickly/easly or should i try to get some standard springs and put them in just to take her over the pits?? does anyone know what springs to get??
regards jake

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
you might be able to get away with pumping the tyres up a lot (but I doubt it). Either that or putting on taller profile tyres, or putting in stock springs are pretty much your only 'legal' options.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I would suggest your best option as mentioned is to borrow some stupidly high profile tyres. The issue you may come across with that though is that it will be a different tyre to what is listed on the tyre placard, which may pose a problem if the inspectors are a tad anal.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I can't BELIEVE you can get knocked back for being 10mm too low... that's just ridiculous. How low is a freaken sports car, FFS?!

Good luck, Jacob! And welcome to the forums ;)

G

Unregistered
prob best bet to find some stock springs bud, some compliance ppl are dicks... good luck and welcome to the forum

jacob

Idling at the Lights
First Name
jake
Drive
red leggie with red pearl
thanks for warm welcome guys, been reading this fourm for a while now and decided to join the group when i got my leggie.
was thinking of pumping the tyres up but yeah i don't think that will work.. does anyone know of any other mitsu that has the same/similar springs (so i can get some stock ones from the wreckers) and put them in for temp fix??

G

Unregistered
Your Leggie must be really low. The regs in Aus. are 100mm from the lowest hard point. Usually the Cat. converter. If you have Tein coilovers (green) they are adjustable. Even the ones without the theaded outers. They have to be removed and the circlips moved to the the upper groove. Don't hit the alluminium ring too hard when dissasembling.

Top Bottom