Any magna owners out there?

G

Unregistered
Hey guys and galls, just become a member today(y) and wanted to see if there were any Magna owners out there?

See i've recently purchased a 2000 model TJ "concept" (what ever dat means?) with the goal of achieving 400 nm of tourqe.

Sorry i can't wright more but don't have much time till i finish work ( i love my job:p) so i'm leaving this to the wise or any one else dat reads this. peace out.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Welcome!! I used to own one. I had a 1993 V6 TR Magna in manual, which I converted from the SOHC 12v to the DOHC 24v 3.0l V6. It was great fun.

Here's some pics:
newrims6.jpg

strutbrace.jpg

Even made my own custom dials for it:
dials.jpg

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Thats a nice ride! Love the rims!

I have a TN magna that I bought for $250 on ebay. Its done 99,000kms and goes HARD. Even pumped an R31 skyline, and various older 6cyl commodores! Blue thunda I call it :p

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
used to owned one too..

Ralliart Magna,taken from SAS Final Battle 2007

78138323wv8.jpg

29258493xu2.jpg

49754100io6.jpg

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I own a 1999 TH Sports.
Was so close to getting a Legnum, had the money from the loan, the importer looking and then my entire workplace is under audit, which they generally do when they have a 'restructure'. So plaid the loan off straight away and I am sitting tight for a while to see what happens :(

G

Unregistered
(reply to, Vr-04-TT
Nice car man very tidy, my first car was a 94 TR hauled ass till this sleezy f@#k put it through a keep left sign while i was out at sea.(Good exuse to piss the car and the dumb bitch i was with off) but anyways.such is life.

Anyway i've been trying to work out if i could do the same (SOHC/DOHC) conversion to my 3.5, but something tells me i might just be better off sourcing ralliart heads instead, any suggestions? :001_unsure:

oh and i will post pics, just don't no how. yet.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Alot of us upgraded from older Magna's onto Legnums and Galants. My old 94 TR Carby Magna is still going and my girlfriend owns it at the moment. She's gunna crack 200,000km soon and it's still going OK. My brother also has a 97 Magna Altera which is also a pretty nice clean car.
I liked my Magna as a runabout so went straight for another Mitsi, and a figured why go a later model Magna AWD when I could go one better and get a VR-4 :)

G

Unregistered
Thats a nice ride! Love the rims!

I have a TN magna that I bought for $250 on ebay. Its done 99,000kms and goes HARD. Even pumped an R31 skyline, and various older 6cyl commodores! Blue thunda I call it :p
Nice, 31's are sweet lil cars especially with the rb30. they might be old but man have they got legs! but i guess thats were the old saying "there's no replacment for displacment" comes from.

G

Unregistered
finally some pics

Finally some pics (y)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hope you like.

G

Unregistered
Not mine, But i drive it a fair bit. Mum has a Verada, Not sure on the year. Could be a 99 but im not 100% sure. We got it for a bargain from our neighbour. Never missed a beat.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
how come we never got cars like that here?

Where are you? In other parts of the world Magnas were badged as Sigma and Diamante. Their body shape was ever-so-slightly different but essentially the same car, better equipped but usually auto.

Anyway i've been trying to work out if i could do the same (SOHC/DOHC) conversion to my 3.5, but something tells me i might just be better off sourcing ralliart heads instead, any suggestions? :001_unsure:

oh and i will post pics, just don't no how. yet.

In the 3rd gens (TE-TW), you can swap the 3.5 to the 3.0l MIVEC, but you'll be sacrificing bottom end torque. I'd probably just source the ralliart motor or just do the basic mods to what you have now and save for something like the VR4. Going from a modded magna to the VR4 was a completely different world and I realised how, unfortunately, limited the Magna was in terms of performance modification.

Still good cars though, don't get me wrong. :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
We did get them here, in fact 10 days ago I sat in a Ralliart Magna with the big wing, 3.5 engine and 5 speed manual

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Because I was at a Mitsi dealership and I had already played with the EVO 9 there. The next most interesting car there would have been a Grandis or a 1.8 Lancer!

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Because I was at a Mitsi dealership and I had already played with the EVO 9 there. The next most interesting car there would have been a Grandis or a 1.8 Lancer!

Do you often test drive cars to prove how much better yours is Brad?

Top Bottom