BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Can anyone confirm that the clockspring,and wheel off a Verada/Magna is able to fit in place of the VR-4 wheel?

Does anyone have a photo of a standard VR-4 wheel (non nardi, non momo - from S2 Galant) without the airbag in it? I'm hoping that i'm able to re-use my airbag if it fits and has correct mountings.

Any help will be apprecated... and will probably end up with a How To guide on how to fit Cruise Control to our VR-4s.

Planning on using the standard magna/verada wheel switches with either the whole magna system (provided throttle bodys are interchangeable), or use a commodore VR/VS cruise unit as if anyones seem one of these, they are an all-in-one unit with just a cable to attach to the throttle. Also Commodore parts are cheap as too.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
All VR4 came at least with a Nardi steering wheel and I doubt Magna wheel will fit... I've seen 98Magna wheels and they are definitely different.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
EVO 4-6 and FTO wheels bolt straight up to a VR-4. Are Magna wheels compatible with those cars?

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
The TJ Ralliart came with the same momo wheel as the super & Evo 4-6, well same design, I believe the spline is the same, but not 100% sure.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
turns out i have no need to swap steering wheels. my galant wheel had mounts for cruise buttons.

Have sucessfully fitted them and it looks neat and stock. I'll try and get a photo.

now i've got to get a hold of a magna throttle body to see if they are interchangable, or make a circuit to interface buttons with commodore cruise unit.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
The TJ Ralliart came with the same momo wheel as the super & Evo 4-6, well same design, I believe the spline is the same, but not 100% sure.

As an owner of each the TJ Ralliart and now a VR-4 with the wheels you're talking about they're different.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Digging this thread back up- I have a KJ Verada, and want to put a Nardi wheel on but don't want to lose the cruise control stalk.

I noticed in that link posted that the Verada GTV-i has the same Nardi wheels as a legnum, but has the cruise control stalk that looks identical to the one on my Verada.

BCX stated he had mounts for the cruise control- but i'm not sure if that was on a nardi wheel or not?

Can someone with a Nardi wheel check to see if there's a provision for a stalk to be installed on the right hand side of the Nardi like the pic below?

Any help appreciated!

1781_7mg.jpg

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Just had a look at my spare leather Nardi wheel, there is no cut out for the stalk, but I am sure a dremel would fix that.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Nardi wheels were an option for european Galants - incl. the cruise control feature. I tried to source the complete setup before, it would only cost $200 in parts for the lot, but I'm scared of the install =)

Top Bottom