Anybody Recognise this

G

Unregistered
For one thing its a 2000 facelift. 2nd no red carpet

So you are saying that Supers only have red carpet and dont appear in facelift models?

Sorry to ask these questions. I know search is my friend and this has probably been covered dozens of times. Ill do a search before asking any more.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Only Supers got red carpets, but of course... you can buy everything! I don't believe in any Super before you show me it's certificate... which it should have!

Or check the VIN ;-)

Edit: There is no facelift super...

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Pretty sure yeah they came with red carpet and red momo steering wheel and the bit across between the lights was silver/chrome not body colour.
And yeah they were made towards the end of the Series 1.
98 i suppose but you would have to check with one of the Super Owners (or search i'm pretty sure it's on here somewhere) as to how long they were made for.

G

Unregistered
Which would tend to indicate that the recaros were a factory option and nothing to do with the super im guessing. Is there a sticky or thread on this stuff. Ive had a bit of a trawl and while ive found stuff on differences between series one and series 2, I havent located anything just yet on what constitutes a super or the available factory options and what models they tend to be found on.

I guess ill keep looking.....

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Those Recaros are not factory... they are aftermarket ones

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
looks too good to be true.. might look good, but I wonder what kind of life it went through while it was stilli n Jap..

I like the seats though :D

G

Unregistered
Ahhhh, I was getting the Supers mixed up with the Type S. Thought the S in Type S stood for Super. Im assuming ASC is stability control. Recognise all the other acronyms.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i think the owner was a member of ozvr4 v1, i remember the dolphin front and evo7 bumper vent

G

Unregistered
The member's name here was Darryl and here's his intro thread. Do an advanced 'Search by User Name' to see more posts from him. Some info of note below too:

Throught it would be nice to post i problem i have had with my legnum it's a 2000 model with turbo back pipes, pod with heat sheild, coil overs 18's & fiber bonnet.
I noticed that under full load around 4-5000 RPM i was getting a engine cut or miss, i went down the parth of new plugs and leads and had the coil packs checked all good but still getting a cut. I then had a boost guage fitted and noticed that it was a boost spike issue the following day i spat the intercoller pipes from over boost, after sorting the clamps out i had the turbos and wast gate checked and the report came in as the wast gates are jamed closed is this a common issue for a car with 64000 on the clock? I would think not.

Now being that i'm having the turbos removed for repair and the labor to remove and refit being around 80 percent of the cost i was thinking about having them high flowed while they are out, are there gains to be made by having them hi flowed as i do not want to change to aftermarket turbos and incure all the other related cost involved in a swap. Has any on had the factory turbos hi flowed? If so how do they perform?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
it was like one photo of the front of the car christian, and then the old forum crashed like two months later

G

Unregistered
^^ read my post above, plenty of info about this car on the forum still!

Top Bottom