anybody know the pinout for the MUTII port??

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
i need it to know whats there,where and what isnt as i need to plug in an OBDII device so i was hoping i could get some help.
i have spent the last two nights looking for info but couldnt find what im looking for

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Although I don't know what the actual pin out is on an OBDII port man, I'm curious as to what your up too?

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
i bought this and it has finally arrived
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...174039512&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:ITi

i was fully aware that our cars use the MUTII interface before i bought it and knew i would need to do some playing around to get it to work

one of my mates is an auto elec and he has this wiz bang OBDII scanning tool which works on the majority of cars, even ours, it was able to tell me all the info that would be necessary for this thing to work.
in the menu of his hand held device he had to select mitsubishi, not only to pre calibrate the thing to be accurate but to allow it to work with the MUTII interface.
so all the info is there, i just need to know what pin is what

i have since found some interesting info from here
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=235332&highlight=tactrix+cable+pins&page=3
and compared it to here
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?790-ECU-pinout-wiring-diagram-(please-post-any-info)
and so it looks like i might be able to decipher what needs to go where
and if i do i will post up a pinout pic of it afterwards and label the colour of the wires
there are plenty of pics like this on the net
http://beagletraveler.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/obdii_plug.jpg
but they A) do not have coloured wires
and B) are not for our cars

so i would like to make a pic for our cars :)

i want this trip computer to work so i can get instantaneous and average fuel usage so i can accurately record what mods we do and the better economy we can expect

like i have an 02 sensor to put in but it wont be going in until i get some good info on my car beforehand

my afr is reading 19.5 atm lol, so its pretty dead

sounds like a good idea??

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
I don't think you're going to have much luck, as the major difference in the MUTII interface is the protocol it speaks, not the wires it uses. Your mates whizz bang OBDII reader will more than likely support at least some of the MUTII protocol, while I would be surprised if the PLX device does. I could be wrong, so don't give up. But I think its something to keep in mind.

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
16 pin OBDII diagnostics connector

• Flashing Diagnostic AYC/ACD/EFI/ABS lights, yes it is normal - this is Mitsubishi Factory Diagnostics mode.
Disconnect pin1 to stop the flashing lights permanantly. (pre 1998 ecus need flashing lights to even start EFI datalogging)
• Yes disconnecting pin9 on the EvoScan Cable with pliers is HIGHLY recommended (pin9 is only used for subaru reflashing) (the reason for removing pin9 is because there are known conflicts with Mitsubishi ETACS and AYC/ACD ecus.)
UPDATE: 20 August 2010: pin9 has also known to burn out Evo9 Mitsubishi ETACS ecus, make sure you order a no pin9 cable or remove that pin yourself.
• Diagnostic Flashing lights stop flashing when KPH/MPH > 0
• There is also option in the EvoScan Logging menu to "disable flashing lights" when datalogging.

MITSUBISHI OBDII PORT PINOUTS:
1 EFI/ABS/AYC/ACD (not used for Evo7+ EFI Diagnostics) join this pin to Ground (pin4 or 5) with a paper clip to get self diagnosis flashing lights on the dash to read the trouble codes by way of Long (+10s) and short (+1s) flashing lights.
<< Pin1 Very important for mitsubishi diagnostics, ensure this is connected to EFI ECU pin 56 (evo4-8).
2 J1850 (+) line (not used on Mitsubishi)
3 Suspension - ECS
4 Ground (chassis negative)
5 Ground (chassis negative)
6 Transmission - ELC-4/5AT
7 EFI/ABS/AYC/ACD К-Line (ISO 9141)
<< Pin7 Very important for diagnostics, ensure this is connected to EFI ECU pin 85(evo9) or pin 62(evo4-8).
8 ABS
9 ETACS: Pulse signal only (pin9 not needed for Mitsubishi OpenPort)
10 J1850 (-) line (not used on Mitsubishi)
11 Air Conditioner - Full Auto AC
12 Air Bag – SRS
13 Cruise Control – ASC
14 Rear Diff - AYC (or Vehicle speed signal)
15 L-line (ISO 9141) (not used on Mitsubishi)
16 Power Supply (+12V)

Attachments

• EvoScan_OpenPort_Cable_Plug.jpg
    EvoScan_OpenPort_Cable_Plug.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 117

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
A friend and I have had the same problem on our Magnas.. looks like Legnums are the same.. they don't speak much on the ISO protocol - only the key required info for emissions control.

I am currently building a device to translate MUT2 to ISO 9141-2 so that I can make use of the iPad app - Dash Commander with my Magna and excitingly my legnum when/if I get around to getting one :)

However the device I am making will translate out to wifi but no reason I can't make a generic translator I don't think.. if I succeed on the wifi project i'll try remember to let you know see if we can make something up to make this work.

Top Bottom