Anybody Recognise this

G

Unregistered
Hey Dwayne.
Car is definately not a super as they came in auto only and this car is a manual.
It says auto in description but look closely at the gear knob and in notes it says a new HD clutch fitted.
Yes no air bag either. All in all looks like a very nice car but check it over the pits but it sounded like you wanted a tiptronic and this is not that.
Also definately like the other guys said check the history as plenty of stuff still on the forum about the car.,

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The body kit is nice and very expensive to buy new. I would be slightly worried about the non airbag wheel and I'm not a fan at all of those seats. Other than that it is a very nice looking car.

And as everyone else said, it is a manual facelift type s with ayc

G

Unregistered
it is a manual facelift type s with ayc

Type S is what im starting to lean towards I think. Definitely want manual and looking at a lease due to the number of kms I do. This restricts me to 2000 or later and 18K. Still not sure if I should go bog stock or look for a few mild mods. As much as this one looks rather nice, after a couple of the comments above, im starting to go cold on the idea.

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
Type S is what im starting to lean towards I think. Definitely want manual and looking at a lease due to the number of kms I do. This restricts me to 2000 or later and 18K. Still not sure if I should go bog stock or look for a few mild mods. As much as this one looks rather nice, after a couple of the comments above, im starting to go cold on the idea.

If your near sydney I think there's an '01 manual type S for sale from a dealer.
http://www.allimports.com.au/view/detail.php?make_id=19&car_id=430

I've got no idea if the dealer is any good but might be worth a look.

jonesyVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Mark
Drive
EP71 Starlet turbo
If your near sydney I think there's an '01 manual type S for sale from a dealer.
http://www.allimports.com.au/view/detail.php?make_id=19&car_id=430

I've got no idea if the dealer is any good but might be worth a look.

I have a query with type S & type V cars
Dont the type V cars have the grey interior & the type S cars the red?
If so then the dealer mentioned has all type V, which I think also means there is no AYC on the cars either

Is this correct or do I need to keep learning?

Cheers
Mark

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
You need to keep learning ;-)

Colour of interior depends on the model year.

Grey is >2000/2001
Red >1998(facelift) - 2000

If you see one with fender flares it's most likely a Type S (they came with them), without it's a Type V - no AYC.

But I have seen Cars with fender flares, but no AYC and no TC system... depends on what special order the first owner had.

jonesyVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Mark
Drive
EP71 Starlet turbo
You need to keep learning ;-)

Colour of interior depends on the model year.

Grey is >2000/2001
Red >1998(facelift) - 2000

If you see one with fender flares it's most likely a Type S (they came with them), without it's a Type V - no AYC.

But I have seen Cars with fender flares, but no AYC and no TC system... depends on what special order the first owner had.

No worries

Back to the books then

Cheers
Mark

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Hmm I wouldn't worry about this not being a Super VR4, seeing as it looks better and has better specifications. The thing is spectacular. Just needs better wheels and it'd probably be the best looking one in Australia.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
awesome looking car. shame about the engine bay, would really set it off if it had that all done up too.

G

Unregistered
Hmmm quite a bit of history on this one. Sounds like a bit of a money pit. Probably a Friday build......

Top Bottom