Apexi AVC-R & Microtech MT-8

MorleyVR-4

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4
Hey all,

While I have been modifying cars for the better part of a decade, I'm new to Mitsubishi's and I've only had my '99 FL Legnum for about 3-4 months.

I technically inherited it, along with a plethora of performance mods, from my uncle who unfortunately passed away. I believe a few of you knew Mike (sloth) and some of you have been to our (old) place in Marysville and disposed of oil through his old company 'Oil World' in Cheltnam.

Currently fitted to my Legnum is a Gizzmo IBC and a front mount. I have the RPW front pipe and will be seeking some decent dumps and a custom cat-back soon. I have the Evo 4-pots to fit once I get my new wheels.

I dislike the IBC as it only allows me to set the duty cycle and not adjust the pressure.

I know that by installing the AVC-R and MT-8, I will be able to play with A LOT more settings and possibly even do a MAF-less tune?

Does anyone have any experience with either of these on a Legnum or Galant?

Are they good?

Does anyone have any other recommendations for getting a bit moar power?

Any idea how much boost our small turbo's can handle? I seem to spike at about 11psi @ around 4,000 rpm.

Thanks in advance, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong area or anything.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Get TME_Steve to tune it. That's what I'm getting done next weekend in Cambpellfield. He's only down for the day so you should ask if he can squeeze you in!

MorleyVR-4

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Matt
Drive
No point getting it tuned yet. Haven't fitted anything serious as of yet. From what I've read tho, that bloke seems the person to get a tune done by, when I'm ready :(

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Even stock VR4s gain from a tune. I would expect about 10% improvement in peak power.

MorleyVR-4

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Matt
Drive
Cheers, PM'd him... Any recommendations/condemnations about the AVC-R or the MT-8 in regards to tuning capability?

Is cams the next step after computer, exhaust and cooler with Legnum's?

Cheers

G

Unregistered
Cheers, PM'd him... Any recommendations/condemnations about the AVC-R or the MT-8 in regards to tuning capability?

Is cams the next step after computer, exhaust and cooler with Legnum's?

Cheers
first parts would be
exhaust
hard pipe kit
intercooler
cop
bov
turbo intake pape.
dump pipes
custom ypipe
injectors
and cams all on a stock ecu