Apexi Junk (safc + rev/speed thingy) removal?

noony

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
Black 99 FL
Hey guys,

My legnum has some ancient tacky japspec kit. Apexi safc1 and the old rev/speed defender thingy

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...0...1ac.j2qKgx5U0k8#biv=i|6;d|pZ0j3PlkLUdTYM:

It was apparently tuned at Meek last February(2011), however I'm not sure if these jap devices are required for the tune.
is there an easy way to tell if they play a crucial part of the tune?

The rev/speed thingy still displays the revs and speed.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if they would have tuned the ecu properly with the newer stuff that Steve does, or if it's worthwhile removing the gear and getting a new tune

Cheers!!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Talk to Steve, but I'd recommend a new TME tune

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
From the main screen, select the setting menu > Hi-Thrtl and Lo-Thrtl to see if there's any corrections from 0% throughout the range. Manual that shows you how is here.
If there's corrections (vertical bars above or below the x axis of the graph) at any point in the rev range and the AFC is actually interrupting your AFM signal, it's in use.

Either way, rip them out & ditch them or attempt to sell them, they're incredibly half arsed tuning solutions.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
most likely you need to reconnect 1 wire again and remove all the wires spliced into the ecu harness..

if im correct its the MAF air flow signal..

i suggest you look up the apexi safc2 wiring diagram, they should be similar too..

noony

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
Black 99 FL
Thanks guys.
Its actually the older super-afc with dials and no screen, so I guess I can just see if the dials are at zero or not?<slaps head>

I'll suss it out, thanks!

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
Id say it hasnt been tuned. Meek might have just loaded a map they have for basic mods etc.

Am pretty sure Meek just deals with mech stuff and doesnt tune

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Meek do tunes but they are fairly generic, from talking to Steve his is far more in depth and done to your specific car

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
see if the dials are at zero or not?
Exactly, the super-afc only had corrections at 5 pre-determined RPM points and would interpolate between. Set everything to zero and it won't alter the air-flow signal.
Generic as in just dumping a map into the ECU?
They'll potentially have a one-size-fits-all tune that attempts to cater for a wide array of mods.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Nope not since a while that I know off...he used to come in once upon a time and the last time I checked (which was a while ago) they can do it themselves...

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
I wouldn't really call that a tune then? If they just flashed the ECU with the same generic map.....

Top Bottom