Audi RS6

G

Unregistered
That Audi is a great car, can you buy me one too?

Adrian

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Adrian
Drive
98 VR4 Legnum
Very very nice!! but a little disappointed in it being paddle shift :( but in saying that I'd still buy one if i had the money!!... Very impressive car

kasperflipped

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
trent
Drive
1997 legnum
to say i was impressed with the audi last night on top gear would be an understatement. Awesome car. How was the stance on that mercedes "black"? Amazing! And there is something about a 4wd car doing donuts around another car that makes me giggle like a school girl, go evo go!!

G

Unregistered
audi RS6 is one of my favourite cars..

650Nm of torque from 1500rpm gives me wood...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
But they weigh too much! If they were 1700kg I would look forward to being able to afford one in the future, but not at 2050kg

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
The extra weight is why they have twice the power of the legnum, I imagine they would still be quite nimble.

Don't hate it until you drive it Brad!

G

Unregistered
Paddle sifts are good, my old Skyline 350gt8 had 8 speed tiptronic CVT mmmm fun!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Always loved these, that and the RS4 :)

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Yes they heavy but also sounds like with a few mods they can push some serious power, few years time i'll be in, lol

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Hugh - fast yes, but not nimble! I would like to drive one just once to see what they are actually like

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Pfft.... Replacement Brian?

More like competition i reckon ;)

Gotta agree with Brad though, over 2 tonne for a sports car (be it luxury or not) is pretty heavy.... Might get boat like tendencies

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Yea and at $260,000 - $270,000 new i'm starting to think maybe not, even in a few years time :(

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Gotta agree with Brad though, over 2 tonne for a sports car (be it luxury or not) is pretty heavy.... Might get boat like tendencies

So have you guys driven a fast car that weighs that much or are you just supposing??

Mate of mine owns and races this Audi RS4, it weighs 1800kg with him in it. I race against in the sprint series at QR and let me tell you, it bloody quick. He drives it like he stole it. He also went to a driver training day with Paul Stokel at QR on Tuesday, on the national track Paul was only 1 second faster than him. So what?? Well he was beating current model M3's and GT2's so don't discount that fact that just because you think its heavy, it must be shit.

Shot below is with me chasing him down.
post-119541-12280451051672488454-1.jpg

I have driven the car as well and let me tell you, it does everything incredibly well.

Morel of the story, don't bag its weight, its a lot faster than you think

G

Unregistered
awww, beat me to it simon. :(

i LOVE when people speculate.

i guess everyone doesn't realise things like the R35 GTR weight 1740kg... it weighs more than a leggy, therefore its too heavy, slow, and handles like shit?

i personally haven't driven a car of such calibre, and is exactly why i haven't commented on its handling abilities.
i do however have a friend who has driven a 35 GTR, and said it outhandles the legnum 100x over.. not bad for an extra 2-300kg, eh?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I would indeed love to drive one, but I can't beleive any RS6 will be as good as a VR-4 with AYC.

Top Bottom