3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
awww, beat me to it simon. :(

i LOVE when people speculate.

i guess everyone doesn't realise things like the R35 GTR weight 1740kg... it weighs more than a leggy, therefore its too heavy, slow, and handles like shit?

i personally haven't driven a car of such calibre, and is exactly why i haven't commented on its handling abilities.
i do however have a friend who has driven a 35 GTR, and said it outhandles the legnum 100x over.. not bad for an extra 2-300kg, eh?

Too right Mitch!

i know this thread is RS6 but the same applies, to the RS4.

Its a magnificent car, the best ive driven, Id buy one if i coud afford it. Funny thing is, i was cruising www.carsales.com the day after i drove it and have been racking my brain on how to acquire one, yes its just that good. This 4.2 litre V8 revs to 8000 and it pulls like a 14 year old girl to the limiter. I could go on but won't

Here come the flamers

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I would indeed love to drive one, but I can't beleive any RS6 will be as good as a VR-4 with AYC.

Then Brad you are certainly living in a dream land. Get yourself in one, you are truly missing out.

G

Unregistered
Too right Mitch!

i know this thread is RS6 but the same applies, to the RS4.

Its a magnificent car, the best ive driven, Id buy one if i coud afford it. Funny thing is, i was cruising www.carsales.com the day after i drove it and have been racking my brain on how to acquire one, yes its just that good. This 4.2 litre V8 revs to 8000 and it pulls like a 14 year old girl to the limiter. I could go on but won't

Here come the flamers

i'm trying to find the Top Gear mag in which they reveiwed the RS6 along with cars like the Ferrari F430 Scuderia, KTM Crossbow, Porsche GT3, etc..

i cant remember the exact words, but all i know is of the 20 cars they tested, the RS6 was one of their favourites.

give me a 2000kg barge over a VR-4 anyday!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Ok then, lets put this take on it.

Imagine a Legnum with 17x9" wheels, Good 235/45/17 tyres, adjustable coilovers, larger anti roll bars, rear upper and lower strut braces, lower 4 point struct brace, then how would it handle compared to an RS6?

G

Unregistered
imagine is all you're going to do brad, because until you compare both, everything is in your head.
and as it seems, you are too one-eyed to beleive there is ANYTHING that is better than a VR-4 anyway, which i hate to inform you, is not the case.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
i think there was a audi wagon called "cross road" will all whell drive, turbo does about 1-100 in about 7 sec.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
One day i WILL own one of these performance Audis..

RS4, RS6, S5 (the V8 2 door coupe)..

audi-s-5_h.jpg

DSC00177_2.jpg

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Gotta agree with Brad though, over 2 tonne for a sports car (be it luxury or not) is pretty heavy.... Might get boat like tendencies

Simon and Mitch, I think you guys may have taken what i said the wrong way.... I have seen the reviews of the car and i am well aware how fast they are and how well they handle, but how many of the worlds fastest cars weigh over 2 tonnes?

Imagine if Audi cut 400kg off the weight of that vehicle? There would be some Italian car manufacturers with pretty silly looks on their faces i would imagine! :)

Oh, and of course we are speculating as i know i will NEVER get the chance to drive one....

*dreamily thinks about driving an RS6 :drool:

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Why couldn't you drive one? Are they not stocked at stealerships?

Mitch I have that TG edition, what do you want to know?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Just come across this ad about it..... Its a good ad too

Found it on bestofyoutube.com just randomly

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Debating this topic is pointless, everyone will have their own opinion, i said what i said because i wanted to inject some reality into the thread.

The Legnum is a great car, just not in the league of the RS series.

Brad, the RS has Stability Control which has 2 levels of control whcih you can turn down and then off. Its similar to the VR4 AYC, but better.

My RS4 mate has agreed that with 400kg less weight it would be an absolute missle, but even with it's "hefty" 1800kg he drives it on the track with the stability control off. It has a 58/42 weight distribution as well, no not perfect but it handles very well and outperforms the 3 series M car, which is 50/50.

Great add Dawso.

For those of the that still don't believe that's fine, then bring your Leggy out to QR or Lakeside or Morgan Park and go up against the heft RS4 and see how you fair:ROFLMAO:

G

Unregistered
Debating this topic is pointless, everyone will have their own opinion, i said what i said because i wanted to inject some reality into the thread.

The Legnum is a great car, just not in the league of the RS series.

Brad, the RS has Stability Control which has 2 levels of control whcih you can turn down and then off. Its similar to the VR4 AYC, but better.

My RS4 mate has agreed that with 400kg less weight it would be an absolute missle, but even with it's "hefty" 1800kg he drives it on the track with the stability control off. It has a 58/42 weight distribution as well, no not perfect but it handles very well and outperforms the 3 series M car, which is 50/50.

Great add Dawso.

For those of the that still don't believe that's fine, then bring your Leggy out to QR or Lakeside or Morgan Park and go up against the heft RS4 and see how you fair:ROFLMAO:

....my vagina hurts....

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I think they are a Great looking car, great engine, handle well...but so they should for $270,000. My Legnum probably costs as much as the Audi's ceramic brake option for f**ks sake. Imagine what you could do to a VR4 with the change from buying one with that amount of money! lol just rebuild it Lighter, faster and stronger.
I love cars. Drool over machines such as Ferrari's, Lambo's, McLaren's, Audi's etc etc but when we start looking at over 200,000 for transport (no matter HOW cool) that machine better be able to cook me pancakes in the morning and tuck me in at night...but I guess if you have the money to throw at a massively expensive car like a RS6 then you have enough to not care what it costs.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I have driven lots of very fast, and lots of very crazy cars. I am happy with my VR4 although have plans on power and handling. If I could afford to do mad sh*t to any car, I would keep the Galant but would find it hard to choose between an RS4 and a Exige to pump silly money into, and you gotta factor a Atom.
But I love the understated style of most Audi's as much as the Galant. Gotta say "shove the TT where it fits" U.G.L.Y........... we all know the song

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I think they are a Great looking car, great engine, handle well...but so they should for $270,000. My Legnum probably costs as much as the Audi's ceramic brake option for f**ks sake. Imagine what you could do to a VR4 with the change from buying one with that amount of money! lol just rebuild it Lighter, faster and stronger.
I love cars. Drool over machines such as Ferrari's, Lambo's, McLaren's, Audi's etc etc but when we start looking at over 200,000 for transport (no matter HOW cool) that machine better be able to cook me pancakes in the morning and tuck me in at night...but I guess if you have the money to throw at a massively expensive car like a RS6 then you have enough to not care what it costs.

Mmmmmm, pancakes....

I walked past a Passat R36 wagon this morning... very nice car, kind of like a poor man's RS6 I suppose. In 10 years I might even be able to afford a used one.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Yeah mookers the R36 would be a more realistic VR4 replacement.

Even more realistic again would be the SCODA Octavia RS... although I have just realised it's front wheel drive :X

http://www.skoda.com.au/showroom-octaviars.aspx

It's a VW R32 under a 1540kg wagon for $37,000. 148kW they say.

Saw them at the motorshow and they look pretty schmick. Not bad considering the r32 is 50 something.

Shame about the front wheel drive. But from what the price is now they will be pretty cheap in 10 years.

Top Bottom