AWD circle work.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Anyone got up to this kind of caper in their VR4 before?

Sure doing the above would be a great way to break it buuuutttt.......... This looks like it would be possible, especially considering the damp weather.

Can I please request that any one who feels the urge to do a Dad post please resist.

We are all adults here and aren't going to go do this in front of a play ground.... and of course would be fully responsible for any damage we did to our cars. If we ever tried it.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Kinda.....

dawsoog9.jpg

G

Unregistered
Have done it in mine before just not to the extent of these guys

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I'm too scared as I have already been through one PS pump and don't want to have to replace it again. Helis kill PS pumps in a very short amount of time!

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I'm too scared as I have already been through one PS pump and don't want to have to replace it again. Helis kill PS pumps in a very short amount of time!

On full lock they do, but the kind of drifting the 2nd vid has in it wouldn't put much strain on it..... It would test the tranny / CV's though I guess.

I dunno, when I accelerate out of a round about in first and I feel wheel spin from the front and rear in the dry I think, maybe it's not so impossible.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I can't believe with the amount of these in EN ZED there aren't at least some youtube vid's of people doing it.

Let's face it NZ doesn't have the most responsible drivers :D

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
i knew this video would be handy when i found it

Also does the evo in the second video have antilag??

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Haha J-B that's what I'm talking about!

I'm surpised actually that the vr4 roated on the front wheels like it did. Don't we have 50/50 drive? I have no idea.

The video's of EVO's when they get going basically spin on the spot with both the front and rear going sick.

I want a video of a legnum doing that.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
60:40 afaik.. maybe more case to case, mine flicks the back out very easily if i give it a big boot around cartain corners :p obviously not rediculously like a rwd..

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
After replacing a clutch and now a transfer case i dont think doin that sort of stuff is a wise decision :)

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
ive seen a vid on youtube of a white legnum doing a big hook and burnout
my leg kicks out very easy with traction control off,more so in the wet though,but its dangerous when the front wheels grip

so i try not to after a coupel close calls

try living in noosa where theres no traffic lights and hundreds of round abouts

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Not sure frozen, but I think Brad has written something on the boards that it is 50:50 and 40:60 at speed. Don't quote me though.
Circle work looks great in a AWD, tight circles, although im not game to do the same to my Leggy. Busted diffs, PS pump and screwed CV's are a definite after a bit, and tyres would lose all the tread bloody fast. The AYC probably wouldn't know wtf to do either, and im not game to hunt down a new AYC system. A bit of sliding in the wet and flicking the tail out should be mostly ok though, long as you don't use the "point and shoot" style of the Leggy at the wrong time and go into a kerb.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
It's wicked to see a sti driven like that and not just lowered on massive wheels sitting at that cool place to sit cool cars.

How do you turn traction control off again? It's just pulling a fuse isn't it.

Bad-Karma

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4
STi's don't come with traction control. Its all mechanical.

Few more pics. :D

grassti001.jpg

grassti003.jpg

Top Bottom