AWD FLOOR PAN FOR CB LANCER??

G

Unregistered
Maybe im a dreamerand its just not possibe

I recently bought a cb lancer off a mate who'sgoing through money problems9might be buying it back),but not maybe i can have some fun with it.
Can anyone think of a way to make it awd?

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Im no expert but im guessing it would take a lot of time and money to convert it to AWD, probably more then the car is worth. And it's really annoying when you type entirely in Caps....

G

Unregistered
sorry.Another mate a mine did a simular conversion with a Liberty ,he used a floor pan from his same model in awd total job under 5k(way more than the cb is worth) but willing to spend it for a project. maybe a early vr4 pan would be the closest thing?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I think you'll find that the AWD Gearbox will not fit and perhaps the drive shaft to the rear either....

Pretty sure you can only do it with a GSR body.

PM xjokux (Jono) as he has a VR4 converted CB

Also, your Caps Lock button is the one on the left that says "Caps Lock".... You should press it once, or three times if you would like to be different :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Numblegs, if you don't edit your post to have lower case letters in it by 10pm tonight I'm going to delete the thread

G

Unregistered
Sorry guy's didnt see that button=(
thanks for the pm brad.
I think its bit of a waste of money but would be quite different.
you could be right about the gearbox, however ive had it on the hoist at work and nothing really is in the way from where the gearbox would sit to where the diff would be.I asked a engineer i know and he wasnt sure, he is getting back to me. so hopefully it's a go.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Sorry guy's didnt see that button=(
thanks for the pm brad.
I think its bit of a waste of money but would be quite different.
you could be right about the gearbox, however ive had it on the hoist at work and nothing really is in the way from where the gearbox would sit to where the diff would be.I asked a engineer i know and he wasnt sure, he is getting back to me. so hopefully it's a go.

Good luck man! Hope it all works, would make an awesome sleeper :bigsmile:

Jono's is an awesome sleeper and his is only FWD!

Chris Rogers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris Rogers
Drive
wagon
there was one of these on Jspec fof $8k landed a while back - cheaper than the full swap.

Top Bottom