swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
SO

Was driving this morning from work and the car developed a rattle sound, I thought it was one of the control arms or something along those lines.

less than 10 min 100 meters from my apartment she broke and is leaking fluid bad. Totally undrivable. :(

Photos in the album below.

http://ozvr4.com/forums/album.php?albumid=170

The frutrating part is that i did an egnine recon and serviced AYC and asked what condition it was in TECHSPORT said it was in tip top shape but now its stuffed.

Do you guys know any resonable tow truck drivers? Anyone?
Got quoted $155 to drop it off to Bayswater from Elwood. Seems a bit steep for a Monday Job.

Also Jeff from Techsport said they have a used diff ready to go for $1100 plus labour so about $1500

Tow truck $155
AYC + Labour = $1500
Total ~ $1700

This is so demotivating, i am almost ready to sell her but i have put in so much hard work and even more money into her. Feel so rubbish right now.

Any suggestions?
Any tow truck drives you guys know.
Let me know please, shoot me an sms if you can 0447 878 649

I dont know how i will even get to work now :(

Very sad Tomas

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Can't help out being in QLD, but that sucks mate and at least you're ok and didn't crash :)

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Thanks Matt, i go no idea what to do, considering getting it fixed the a Roadworthy and selling it. Just paid a rego to.

G

Unregistered
Sorry to hear your woes Tomas, but $1100 sounds pretty steep for a used AYC. I suppose it comes down to whether you can do without the car while sourcing a cheaper unit. Also don't forget that the car needs to be transported on a tray truck to avoid any further damage to other components. Out of curiosity, who was it that did the last AYC service?

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Last service was done by Techsport. I thought $1100 is not too bad considering they can do the work on monday. How much do you think a Used AYC is worth?

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Depends what model thats from for a more current model evo AYC diff thats about right.

If its an evo 8-9 diff you'll get S-AYC :p

If you can wait then you can get vr4 ayc diffs for more like a few hundred from NZ. plus maybe one o fthe guys here wrecking one. but its also likely older and more likely to die if this is really a newer evo unit. not sure if it is.

G

Unregistered
One recently sold here for $300, but that was a particularly good price. There are a few people who have spares sitting around, put up a WTB thread and see what bites you get.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Tomas sorry to hear what happened, you can search around and find a cheaper AYC if you have the time. Also $155 for a tow to Bayswater aint so bad all tow truck drivers these days are crooks unless you know one personally.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
My insurance tow was $264 and thats only because he discounted it because thats all the cash i had on me at the time and only wanted cash.

He wanted 280 or something.

Best part? It was towed literally, 200 metres down the road.

G

Unregistered
Sounds all too easy. Now you just need to find someone other than Techsport to install the new one o_O

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Scott
I sent you a pm. Let me know. I hope i can sort this out as its getting me down.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Their labour price isn't too bad if it includes the new fluid.
Edit: just looked at your pictures...It's been weeping for a while.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
It is not hard at all to replace it, if you have the time and the room/tools etc. So they are charging $400 to change? If that includes AYC fluid and Diff fluid then that is not too bad as Jon said.

$500, as Scottie has posted is about the going rate. $1100 for one??? Would want to be S-AYC for that.

P.S, not sure how far the tow is but i recently had a quote to tow a wreck (No wheels etc) around 30k's on a tilt tray for $120. Would/should be cheaper if the car could roll/drive.

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
I had my bucket towed from Chelsea to Mentone, that set me back $144, so thats not such a bad price.

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Thanks guys, i will have a chat with Scott about the nic of his AYC

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
unlucky, i let mine go around $300 ;) i'd never pay $1100 though thats rediculous. unless as said previous, it was off an evo 8/9

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Update

Scotty recons that his AYC is in good condition so i am buying that off him, now a decent deal on labour and she will be abck on the road by the end of next week.

Got Regio, Insurance, repairs all this month. I will be so broke. Anyone know a who sell bulk Nasi Goreng noodels cheap? :)

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Hey guys

Scotty has disappeared and i cant get a hold of him, no response to SMS or calls - i hope he is ok. - anyone heard from him?

Basically i back to square 1 :( i really need a car for work and i am pushing my luck being always late for work with public transport.

Does anyone know of any diff for sale. Even interstate? Any tips. Please help

Thanks
Tomas

Top Bottom