AYC ECU

G

Unregistered
Hi guys I have just checked my PFL Leggy for codes and found
AYC code 31 Steer Sensor (ST-1, ST-2, ST-N) System (break)
I checked here for what to do and fund this http://www.evoscan.com/manuals/Evo6/Workshop%20Manual/EV6_XE27.pdf My fault is on page 10. Can anybody point me to where I can physically find these things I need to check according to this guide? I need to find the AYC ECU I think if that exists? Thanks for the help guys and girls much appreciated.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Steering Sensor is presumably around the steering column somewhere.. not seen it myself. But I might be able to supply you one from my wreck if you need a new one.

the AYC ECU is located behind the glovebox to the left I believe.

G

Unregistered
Thanks for the tips and the offer mate.I seem to have fixed the issue by Making sure my wheels were dead straight, removing the top of the steering column cover and making sure all the connections around and behind the wiper and blinker stalks (I believe this is where the steering sensor is) were tight and not damaged, then I disconnected the battery, gave a few quick brake pumps to drain residual charge,reconnected and rerun for codes and everything came up sweet.Laughing for now. Thanks for the tip for the AYC ECU for future reference mate.

G

Unregistered
Nothing I have experienced in all my years of vehicle ownership is as scary as discovering a fault with these cars haha.I was lucky this time.

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
I read somewhere on the forum that if you disconnect the battery make sure your wheel are pointing straight when you reconnect it, otherwise you will get you ayc lights on all the time

G

Unregistered
I read somewhere on the forum that if you disconnect the battery make sure your wheel are pointing straight when you reconnect it, otherwise you will get you ayc lights on all the time
I haven't heard that on here but I know it happens to my mates GTR and it sets his HICAS crazy.Similar happens in my R34.It thinks where they are pointing is 0 degrees and calibrates steering angles from there.I just got a service done and it had the battery out so I'm guessing it was reconnected with crooked wheels.Played on a hunch this time and it worked, thanks god.

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Probably similar to HICAS, it thinks you are going around a corner when you are going straight, and engages the AYC. anyway good you got it sorted out.

G

Unregistered
Yeah couldn't be happier and I have learned something new which will be a first stop for future issues.I thought my AYC green bars were coming on a bit too often even when i wasn't driving too hard.Must have thought my steering angle was a lot more severe than it actually was.You learn so much just by owning a VR4 haha, especially with the help of you guys on here.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Obscure import ownership without a decent supporting intertoobs forum sounds expensive.

G

Unregistered
Vr4 ownership expensive?... That's unpossible

Top Bottom