AYC Guage Blinking

blkcar

Crunching Gears
First Name
lem
Drive
VR4 Galant
Driving along a straight stretch of road today just cruising along doing about 80/90 & I look down to see the first bar on the AYC gauge is blinking intermittently on & off this happened for about a couple of kms. For the life of me I couldn't understand why, like I said before it straight, it was dry, I had loads of traction. I stopped soon there after & checked the wheels & tyres just in case but they were all fine.

Has anyone else experienced this before or just me? I'd be most interested to find out.

Thanks.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
before going into the straight road.. were you pushing your car abit around corners?

also have you checked your tyres? and have you serviced your ayc recently?

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Make sure all the tyres have correct pressure, that sets the system off very easily. Also I'm assuming you are using 4 matching tyres? Those are the easy fixes. Search the forum for more information as this topic has been talked about a few times. May be something more so if it continues pull the AYC fuse so you don't burn out the AYC pump.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Tyre Pressure and wheel wear will almost certainly be causing that problem.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
mm the new wheels i bought, 1 of them had a new tire the others all about 50% tread left.. made sure the one with more tread is on the front left :p (for roundabouts etc)

blkcar

Crunching Gears
First Name
lem
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yeah not pushing it hard at all round the corners before hand checked the tyres straight away afterwards all were fine. Anyway the problem dissappered but now its back again. Hopefully after some new tyres & some fresh oil it will be better than ever.

Top Bottom