AYC screach/brake engage noise whilst turning... solutions ?

G

Unregistered
Hi guys !
My 1st ever request for help with this 'nightmare':cry:...
Legnum '01 with AYC. Warn light came on few months ago whilst driving + few odd kicks & hickups. Had it pro flushed & refilled with the good stuff. Problem seemed sorted-though my SRS light came on...& still on. Anyway, drove leggie today & appears whilst turning either way (say 90deg turn), AYC makes this awfull screach noise whilst you can feel the diff engaging(braking) somehow + AYC lights come on (up to all 3-depending on how tight you turn). I wouldn't dare do a 180 "u" turn... Any solutions ? Helpppppppppppp !!

G

Unregistered
Brad, I'm pretty sure they used whatever best for the car. These guys (service) are the best at what they do (preparation of Mitsu rally cars) & know Evo's (with AYC) inside out. You rekon may have something to do with the use of particular fluid itself ?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I don't find any reference in any manuals to 'the good stuff'.

What do you mean by this ?? It would help us to help you if you can actually identify what was done please.

G

Unregistered
Does the ayc control light always stay on, when i start the car the bars go up and then back down. Just leaving the ayc light on..Just making sure mine is ok also

G

Unregistered
I have a 1997 model, only the writing saying ayc stays on, seems fine to me.. Only owned it for a week

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Hayden - which AYC wording you talkin about? The AYC that is on the centre that is just below the RPM or the AYC on the bottom right corner?

The AYC below the RPM is always on assuming you have HiVish dash, but if the AYC on the bottom right just below the temp guage is in red, then you have a problem on your AYC.

Also, if one of the bars on the AYC below the RPM has light on even if you are dricing straight, then check your tyre pressures.

G

Unregistered
Yeah i have a hivish dash (i think, dash lights up when key put in )and ayc is in the centre just below the rpm guage. The only time i have seen any bars lite up is when i first start the car!! Sorry to hijack the thread, was concerned after i read it!!!

Top Bottom