AYC showing Red

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4 in Red :D
Hmmm, on the way home tonight, i noticed the RED AYC light under the speedo on red permanently, what does this mean???

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Could be trouble with AYC. When was it last flushed?? maybe start with a flush then go from there if its still on. I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will help more though

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
mate, i had that problem too. well, stop and restart then engione and lets hope for it to go away....

just kidding

it may meaning your fluide level is low. When did yo have your ayc fservice done? not for a while? good time to get it flushed

By the way, for more info SEARCH is your ultimate answer:p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Change the fluids first. When you restart the car does the light come on immediately or after a short while?

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
The light stays on after starting.... I will get the fluids changed next week, is it a big job? can i do it myself?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If that is the case it is probably a faulty sensor or similar. Can you hear the pump if you put your head right next to it?

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
where is the AYC pump? Sorry, i work with computers, not cars lol

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Alan if it comes on straight away and stays on that's PROBABLY a pressure switch fault. You can start by checking your diagnostic codes and seeing what that has to say though, there's a thread called 'sensor codes the full list' or something which describes the process of putting the car in diagnostic mode and working out what they mean.

Usually with air in the system you'll get the AYC light coming on after a while, sometimes intermittently and sometimes after getting the AYC activating by driving round corners at speed.

The big problem is if its not the pressure switch but in fact the AYC pump itself - in that case you're up for not insignificant dollars, unfortunately :(

Top Bottom