AYC - something is not right.

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
Hi guys. I have been driving for over 2 weeks now but i havent seen AYC lights working!!!! Maybe i wasnt driving hard enough? When i turn on the car the lights are come on but during the drive it seems they are not showing anything! Can someone tell me why is it like that? I havent service it yet.
Taras

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Just drive harder :)

Chuck it into a roundabout and slowly accelerate as you go around it. If the tyres start to squeal and the AYC lights aren't on then something isn't right.

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
I will have a go.

Just drive harder :)

Chuck it into a roundabout and slowly accelerate as you go around it. If the tyres start to squeal and the AYC lights aren't on then something isn't right.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
You really have to turn sharp and give it some for AYC to work.

Roundabout's might not be a good thing to try though..... *under acceleration not looking at the road? Lol....... (unless your into that like Brad is....)

Go to an industrial area and try to drift it. Industrial areas have wide roads, and everyone finishes in them by about 5PM, so it should give you the oppurtunity to test it!

Good Luck!!!

Dawso

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
they are also very hard to see when turning because the steering wheel always gets in the way,if you zig-zag down an empty road you can light them up all the way to 3 pretty easy,try going around all the cats-eyes

G

Unregistered
standing still, feet flat on brake and accelerator, turn wheel full lock to the right, release foot of brake...

if that doesnt get you 3 lights, nothing will. :p (that how i tested my TCL was disabled. :D)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Mitchy, that is going to kill the PS pump though.

You can also try having a bit of fun on gravel, gets the AYC coming up very quickly.

G

Unregistered
i dont mean heli's, just a quick 180 to get the ayc going. :)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
If you have access to a freeway onramp that is cloverleaf shaped, you could take that fast and get your AYC to kick in...

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
This thread should be called "AYC - something is not right - Here's a list of irresponsible yet fun things to do to test whether it works -"

:ROFLMAO:

You should see how well it can powerslide across your neighbors lawn, damp grass will get it going like a good old dirt track will ;)

Lol............

Just try one of these to test the AYC, do the rest and video it for the sake of it!

Dawso

G

Unregistered
is the red AYC light on? cause if it is, the AYC could be disconected..

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
Everything is good!!! Got one light on so far. At least i know its working!;)

G

Unregistered
hahaha, i thought you were going to say warn me and ill join you.lol

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I actually thought Lee was going to offer to take him out for a AYC driving lesson.

G

Unregistered
Only barely getting one bar? I got one bar by the end of the street after picking mine up from the compliance workshop :D

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
I think it depends on the suspension set up. Is yours lowered? Mine isn't and mine is very sensitive; even going around a roundabout at 30k will sometimes light up 2 bars for me. The ayc will only activate when the sensors pick up significant body-roll so if yours is lowered or has harder suspension then yours won't activate as much.:)

Top Bottom