frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
I just had my AYC done again, as i had a split pipe going from the pump to the diff (where the thread on the pipe is for the nut) and AYC fluid was making a puddle in my garage.

Anyway, had the pipe fixed today, noticed beforehand that the car within about 30secs of starting it, would make a whine that sounded strangely like a pump (lol :p) for a few seconds, then stopped.
After i had the leak fixed (new pipe section made), new fluids (same ones ive always had), and etc etc, the pump still makes this sound? it also makes it JUST BEFORE i take a corner... as in when im just entering a corner. Even at slow-medium speeds.. (i havent been pushing it with fear of the pump failing)

It sounsd very whirring as if it were comming through the speakers.. as in its almost like a buzzing sound, but it definately sounds like a pump thats not working right...

bit worried guys... already been through 1 AYC diff...

Taking it back to the workshop tomorrow but if anyone has any ideas id be happy to hear them.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Josh it SOUNDS like there's air in the system, as that will cause the whining noise... Hopefully it just needs to be bled again?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
hope so - i just thought id post it up with the title literally saying 'AYC whine" as i could find plenty about the diff whining, and the gearbox whining, but wanted to make something easily referencable specailly when i get it sorted haha :D

IM PRAYING ITS ONLY AIR AGAIN!! arhhhhh i really cant afford this car at the moment... not even its fuel - going in $20 fillups the last few weeks

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Sounds like it just needs to be bled properly. especially if you've had all that air in the system from the leak.

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
Hey is your diff meant to whine when your AYC kicks in especially on 2-3 bars? Mine has always done it, so i gathered it was normal, but just thought i would check.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
When I bled my new diff, I bled it for AAAGGEESS as there was still little bits of air coming out. I was being particularly anal about it though, but I never had a whine from it. So I'd say it's air as well.

Top Bottom