OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
this is mine

20121021_152340_zps50adb139.jpg

20121021_155517_zpsafbf05e8.jpg

don't bother telling me about my exposed positive terminal crap.. I know its crap.. no one gets in my boot :D

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
After I remove my ayc, I will pe making a braket to mount my battery in the old ayc pump location so it remains outside the cabin. I have an optima so can lay sideways and also don't need to vent( but that's a problem when mounting inside the cabin)

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
I wouldnt have a battery outside the car, expecially behind one of the rear wheels, dirt, water, stones etc will get in and around it.

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
After I remove my ayc, I will pe making a braket to mount my battery in the old ayc pump location so it remains outside the cabin. I have an optima so can lay sideways and also don't need to vent( but that's a problem when mounting inside the cabin)

exactly what I'm doing today, using the original ayc bracket spaced out a bit lower to make room for the battery, running the cable from there inside the car as there is a nice way to run it under the seat, will be fused at the battery, and all my accessories can splice into the main cable when it passes through the passenger footwell. Will post photos/ a guide but doing a custom sub in the boot as well.

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Done, here's the final location, having it down there gives me enough room to put in the custom sub and now theres room in the engine bay for more goodies.

20160104_193537.jpg
20160104_140243.jpg
20160104_193527.jpg

Top Bottom