Battery terminals.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Hello guys,

I just bought a new Optima D34 yellow top battery and wanted to get a couple of new battery terminals for it. I know it sounds rice but I have always liked the battery terminals you can get with the volt meter in them. It looks like the Tsunami ones are pretty decent quality, does anyone know better or can anyone point me in the right direction? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg here is a link to the cheaper one I can find so far.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stinger-...889?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4162b2cf51
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stinger-...677?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2e7530d5
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251054847017?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I've had them on all my cars. You can get them from Jaycar or any electronic shop. Cost like $25 and can be fitted in 10 minutes.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I've seen the ones at jaycar and they were $35. Do you know of any brands that are better than others or what not?

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I had the jaycar ones. Weren't bad but led display burnt out after 3years. Jumper leads also scratched the heck out of them. Great though as you can fit a 2G power cable in for a stereo.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
^^^ what Poita said, they look great (I had Aerpro ones) but once you put the jumper cables on em = they is screwed

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I managed to avoid scratching them up with jumper cables. Just need to be careful and not grip the top bit.

The Jaycar terminals have been on my car for over 3 years and still working like new. I do keep the plastic clip-on cover on them, so that probably helped.

They are pretty much all the same. Just get the shape/style to fit the amp cables you're using.

upshotbravo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Trev
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Hi Guys,

Sorry to kick up the dust on an old thread, but im a newbie and just about to replace my 100amp alternator and battery. Am I good to go with the D34 yellow top in my 97, pre facelift, legnum? I suppose i can always get new battery terminal connections if the posts on the D34 are not the pencil post type.

G

Unregistered
I put new terminal connections on my legnum just last week, it cost $10ish and now I can find batteries anywhere if I am ever stuck.
As a matter of convenience, it is well worth it to upgrade to larger terminals. Only a 5 minute job.

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

upshotbravo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Trev
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
OK, got it, excellent on the fitment side, changing the terminal connections is really straightforward.

I guess my question is more concerned with using a deep cycle battery like the optima with the 100amp alternator, will it draw too much from the alternator and pooch it? (I have a warm-spec car with a 100 amp alt)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Hi Trev, I have read about plenty of people here running yellow top batteries, so don't think it will cause any problems

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
just make sure you buy it from a reputable company/shop

that way if you encounter issues with the battery like DOA or failed cell.. then they will just replace it for you

Top Bottom