best pod filters

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i know that water spins like a tornado inside a pipe/tube no matter what..

reason i ask.. it seems like alot of people have achieve more with a straight pipe before/after the MAF.. therefore not causing the ecu to boost cut..

i guess same thing is achieved with the oval shaped k&n filter..

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
The thing about the K&N rampod filter from RPW is that an AFM adapter plate is supplied. IMO it's best to have the air filter and the AFM on the end of the cold intake pipe as it's designed to have the pod right at the MAF location.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Thats true josh i forgot about that... (same deal with my old lancer when i bought a CAI off rpw)

Maybe just make pipe big enough to feed both turbos running back - if you connect the maf right up close the shape wont matter.

G

Unregistered
umm so in the end is it better to bolt a pod on . or to go ralliart panel filter ??

G

Unregistered
RPW has a large range of K&N replacement filters units in stock all the time.

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
i use to own a rvr hyper sport gear manual (4g63) e 3 running gear. i still have the stock air box could u use the afm of the rvr? has anyone tryed using a differnt afm?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
would be different setup Adam, MAF sensor is on the opposite side... I think the 4G63 engine from RVR were the same with evo 0-3 and 6g VR4?!

*EDIT*

I've just replaced my air filter with a typical Pod filter - brand is Simota.. seems ok so far.. I'll be moving it to where the battery is.. just ran out of time and light..

G

Unregistered
would be different setup Adam, MAF sensor is on the opposite side... I think the 4G63 engine from RVR were the same with evo 0-3 and 6g VR4?!

*EDIT*

I've just replaced my air filter with a typical Pod filter - brand is Simota.. seems ok so far.. I'll be moving it to where the battery is.. just ran out of time and light..
It is the same from the evo 0-3 thats the motor I have in my car now.

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
is anyone using a blitz air pod and if so how does the car respod to it? i just brought a 4 inch adptor and thinkin bout using this type of pod !

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
ok just got the 4 inch adptor on and brought a drift style pod! quite nice too none of the maf is blocked by the adptor (unlike the cheap 2.5 ich ones) so all should be good let u know when its up and running

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Remember guys, the weather THESE days is nice and much much cooler, especially at night where it hits 13degrees in brissy, so therefore the POD would work fine THESE days, but just keep in mind about the upcoming Summer...

Alternatively could just do what I did with my intake setup :D

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
pod is all on i used a apexi pod with a 5ich neck and adptor! works great and with the new pipe work from the turbos the induction noise is brill!!! i have ran a 2.25 inch hose from the pod to the front of the bar for cold air induction!! im going to make a heat shiled at work just for more protection. i know its a sin on hear to use a pod but !im all for them! the rite set up and pod should cause no drama!

and also the ammount of room in the engine bay is great more accsable to other componenents!

pics to follow im at work atm so when i get home ill post em up

G

Unregistered
i just made my own CAI system.. because when i bought my car there was no stock air box, just a massive SARD pod.. dirty as.. the blue colour was black..
cost me around $130.. and i was quoted around $600 for a professional job..
i put a stainless steel 'Drift' pod on the end on some plastic flexible piping and mounted it just under the battery.. i also used some aluminum to create a splash tray so no water can get in..
couldnt believe the difference.. took about 3 hours as is well worth it..
now just waiting for a tune

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
can someone take a video of their induction with a pod so we can hear the difference from the standard air box.

Top Bottom