best pod filters

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
does anyone where I could get this ARC for our cars?

cimg9496ix0ub4ds0.jpg

EDIT: Never mind, found them on RHD Japan. :) But is't worth it?

I thought everyone had one of these :p Just me hey? Mine get's great induction from the battery it is sandwiched against.

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
my vr4 has the stock air setup but is missing the snorkel that connects the box to the front. is this bad? should i go about getting the missing part replaced? or is it fine how it is?

G

Unregistered
i am using a K&N oval shaped pod

same as what RPW reccomend, they charge about $150 for pod and mounting braket, +postage, i picked the pod up from autobahn for $80 and made a bracket for cost of scrap metal. the only thing is you need to have the filter somewhere it will not be sucking hot engine bay air, and wont get wet at the same time either, i am currently working on a heat shield to go around it

G

Unregistered
when i finish my setup i wont be needing mine

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Alex - NZ is probably your best bet. Either look on trademe or send VR4WGN on cvr4 a pm

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i really need to relocate my battery to the boot however in the galant i have no where to bolt it... i really want to work on a cold air setup.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
drill lotsa holes in the boot.. you'll love it.. ask LeeButts as he's experienced this.. ROFL

G

Unregistered
xr5's FTW! very nice cars.

yeah its aight, quite sporty,,,, just a little to "bubble car" for me.....
i like mine big, long and black.... with alot of balls :ROFLMAO:

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Hayley.. damn girl.. you got balls.. LOL

back on topic anyway.. what would you guys prefer if a proper cold air intake is made up? a cylindrical type or oval like what rpw's selling?!

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
the oval is supposedly better so it doesnt spin through the piping as much - gives a better reading for those retaining the MAF.. dont worry about correcting me if im wrong i know where the post is haha :p

G

Unregistered
yeah id go with the oval one for same reasons as above.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
if it starts to spin its going to slightly slow down by the time it reaches the maf, but it would probably still spin :p better safe than sorry - im not air so i cant tell you first hand whether or not its going to spin lol :D

Top Bottom