Best quotes about VR-4s

G

Unregistered
lol yeah, me and my friend laughed our asses off...

i also had a guy come to pickup something i was selling, and said "thats an awesome stagea you have!" he looked a bit confused when i told him it wasnt one, and said "well they look the same"

trust me, when you have a legnum AND a stagea sitting in your driveway for 6 months, you can tell they are VERY different cars.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I caught a bloke looking in the window of my car on Saturday down the main street here... I thought he was about to break into it

Me - You right there? Want me to open it up so you can get a better look?
Him - Yeah! *grin from ear to ear*
Me - Really?
Him - You own this?
Me - Yeah
*Open the car for him
Him - Dude i love these cars, best JDM wagon ever! Twin Turbs, AWD... You must make fools of the local ute and commodore crews
Me - :confused: You know what this is?
Him - Yeah, love em mate. Would have one if i could afford it.
Him - So this is new in town? I've only seen this one today. There is another one here but, a dark blue one isn't it? You don't who owns it?
Me - :D Yeah....ME!
Him - :drool:
*pauses
Him - :(

:ROFLMAO:

(Everyone recognises new stuff in Tamworth, small town syndrome lol)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO :ROFLMAO:
Definitely one of the best "quotes" of the thread so far bro.
Can't believe he knew exactly what it was. How old was the bloke? Young or old?

OLD!!! He would've been 40/50 odd... Thats why i couldn't believe it

OT - The garnish lights have been disconnected in the white car, checked em today..... Might be part of compliance

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
My wife's uncle came over to our place today.

Him: Ahhh new car.
Me: Yeah.
Him: (went at the back saying) "Lenumb"
Me: It's called Legnum.
Him: What is the engine.
Me: Its a V6 2.5ltr
Him: Huh, you sold the Magna and you got 2.5ltr V6 only which is slower?
Me: Ummm oh, did I mentioned its a twinturbo.
Him: OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

LOL

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Well this isn't the same KIND of quote (ie. from someone who doesn't know about the car)...

One of my friends used to have a 6th gen Galant (not a VR-4). I took him for a ride in the Legnum and the first time I floored it in first gear he involuntarily blurted out "F*****g Hell!!!" :D

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
My best one so far:

This maori bloke says to me:

"That's an NZ import hey bro, there's heaps of them in en zed"

I just agreed with him. Bloody kiwi's :p

I also got pulled up by a bloke who drove an evo who quized me about it for ages. AYC?! It's got AYC? No WAII!@#

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
This happends about three weeks ago when dimi and I went to KK Liverpool to pick up some stuff for dimi.

As we passed a bunch of blokes, this is what we heard:

bloke 1: A Lancer?
bloke 2: Its a Lancer Wagon.

dimi and I just laughed our so hard!!

Then when we moved to the other side and passed them again and rev'ed up and our BOV's vented.

Bloke: WTF?!?!?!

Ahahahaha best ever of what we've heard.

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
My wife (who used to drive a 200sx) said it looked like a silvia that was married (ie that it had given up looking thin and starting eating cake!)

I like that quote because its like a fat arse sports car (and because my wife is ALWAYS right...apparently)

G

Unregistered
i posted this up on the top gear thread but i used it on my cousin before that :)

cuz: " its a wagon....."
me: " you spotted that huh?"
cuz: whats it called again?"
me: "a legnum"
cuz: " oooohhh they paid this car gout on top gear the other night.... stupid name huh lol"
me: " its a v6 twin turbo 4wd... they can call it what ever they like....
cuz:...........
me: grin
cuz: so how much did this cost you again? do they come in blue?

and of course you have to love the long "fffaaarrrrkkkkk" that people always seem to say when you lift the hood, makes me feel warm inside every time :)

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Yeah way to go Haley. Your cousin better check himself/herself.

I love noting the specs to someone who doesn't know what it is. It usually goes like this (emoticon is their face)
"Four wheel drive :confused:... two-point-five litre :cool:... V6 :redface: ... twin turbo :rolleyes:"

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
ever since i had the brembo's on.. i had alot of euro owners look at my car while they're driving..

there was this silver IS200 where the passenger literally turned his body to look at the fronts of my car.. LOL

also alot os STI and GTR's been trying to get me to get drag with them at the lights.. I rev back at them and stupid them just speeds off..

sorry but i dont support idiots doing street racing.. also the fact that there are other cars there and the horrible traffic..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I accelerate hard up to about 60kmh regularly then just stay at that speed. I've proved my point by that stage :D

Top Bottom