Blitz Dual EBC - Wiring help needed.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Blitz Dual SBC - Wiring help needed.

Hey guys. I have an old Dual SBC that I want to run in my car. Unfortunately when it was removed from my old car some wiring was left. Now I have the unit and the solenoids but no plug in loom. I was wondering if anyone could help me. Here's what I think I know.

Blue & whit wires connect to blue & white wires on the solenoid box. (makes sense)
Red & black wires connect to accessory power & ground.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

There's another plug coming from the controller, though, with black, purple and orange wires. Can anyone tell me what these connect to?

Hope someone can help. Motivated to get this car sorted out.

snitz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
Toyota Cressida,GK Scorpion,VP Calais..2000 Legnum type S and a Rota project in the shed.
Is your boost controller silver like the one on the RIGHT and the plug your mentioning is the smaller one with the triangulated end?..The wires are black purple and orange?

boostcontroller.jpg

snitz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
Toyota Cressida,GK Scorpion,VP Calais..2000 Legnum type S and a Rota project in the shed.
If soooooo....I have this same boost controller but it was installed some where along the lines when in Japan. The plug with the black,purple and orange wires from out the back of the unit is UN-USED in my car..I hope this helps..

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Sure is mate, and that helps a heap. Thank you! I wonder if the extra plug is something to do with talking to another Blitz module.

The one on the left is the same as in my Sil. Useless fact.

snitz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
No worries..I thought that the plug may have been for a boost gauge?..but Ive got a blitz SD stepper motor boost gauge and the plugs are completely different so what is it used for?..F&*K knows..lol

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Back in the late 90s/early 00s the big aftermarket companies had heaps of weird & wonderful gadgets. Could be anything!

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
HKS EVC's have the same(ish) unused plug fyi. I thought with HKS it may be for those screens that connect to the boost controller you sometimes see but who knows.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Black / purple / orange wires are likely to be analogue outputs, i.e. 0-5V

My dual SBC (newer model) has these same wires/3 pin plug, and i have wired this output to a spare input on the factory ECU so I can log manifold pressure via evoscan (with a bit of extra work determining scaling factor)

Top Bottom