Which one is better , GFB or Blitz

G

Unregistered
hi there~
i've already got a blitz dd on my car.
but with this bov , my car got the "Idle problem" which means i rev to 6000 and let it down , it will stall or fall down below 500 rpms.

Recently i want to change the bov to the GFB Stealth FX, but someone on the other fourm said that "GFB BOV is not as loud as others,although the setting is 100% Vent-to-air".

The question is : Is that gfb is so quiet ?
Anybody know that thanks!

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Different BOV's will have different level's of sound. My experience of GFB was not as loud, but a better sound similar to the R2D2. I found the build quality to be fantastic as well as its function.

+1 GFB being quality that also performs. Just ensure to get the right type and spring rate.

The reason your car has the idle problem is the BOV isn't closing fast enough after venting boost, tightening the BOV should help/fix this. Also you could try lubricating the shaft, if you have used it for a while it might need to be lubed up; just normal maintenance.

This might help:
http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewt...previous&sid=cc2d61f49a7aa86d04f151e60a300f28

G

Unregistered
Different BOV's will have different level's of sound. My experience of GFB was not as loud, but a better sound similar to the R2D2. I found the build quality to be fantastic as well as its function.

+1 GFB being quality that also performs. Just ensure to get the right type and spring rate.

The reason your car has the idle problem is the BOV isn't closing fast enough after venting boost, tightening the BOV should help/fix this. Also you could try lubricating the shaft, if you have used it for a while it might need to be lubed up; just normal maintenance.

This might help:
http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewt...previous&sid=cc2d61f49a7aa86d04f151e60a300f28

Thanks for u information.
In my case , i think the spring in the bov is not enough hard, and i try to set it harder by turning the screw. But the screw is at the hardest setting. Still stall there.. sad.... And i try to get the "Blitz hard spring". But i cant find it in nz.
You are right . Maybe the bov needs a bath! I will try to get that job done. The stall problem happen since its first installtion. Anyway , i will try to take the bov off and clean it (hard to take it off , its not in engine bay and i dont have a jackstand), see what happen~

Cheers!

G

Unregistered
BTW, do u know the inlet/outlet size of the stock bov in vr4 ? cheers .
I think the inlet about 34mm , what about the outlet (pump back), Thanks~

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Blitz is going to be far better quality than GFB.

Agreed however GFB are still not too bad. Blitz are one of the majors of course they will be the best ;) As a side point, has anyone else noticed blitz are no longer supported in AUS (www.blitz.com.au) "site for sale"

kasperflipped

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
trent
Drive
1997 legnum
i have the gfb stealth fx in mine, its plenty loud enough and im running mine at prob 3/4 plumb back.

G

Unregistered
why dont you try a different type of bov, most pull type bov's work fine but its not the best design there is a tone of bovs out there that are sequenal eg hks ssq, i use one on my silvia with no stall problems i used to have a gfb stealth also venting to atmos and had the same stall problem where my mate with a gto had a ssq and we swapped and we both now have no stall issues

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Have you reset your battery to let the AFR's remap since installing the BOV?

If you don't, it will dump massive amounts of fuel into your engine when you come off throttle because there's supposed to be more pressure in your system...

It will take a lot of driving to relearn the map without resetting it so i would start there :)

BTW - It will still take a bit of driving around for the ECU to relearn but not anywhere near as long as not resetting it ;)

G

Unregistered

If you don't, it will dump massive amounts of fuel into your engine when you come off throttle because there's supposed to be more pressure in your system...

It will take a lot of driving to relearn the map without resetting it so i would start there :)

BTW - It will still take a bit of driving around for the ECU to relearn but not anywhere near as long as not resetting it ;)

Cheers mate , the first thing i do is reset the ecu , after install the bov...

G

Unregistered
why dont you try a different type of bov, most pull type bov's work fine but its not the best design there is a tone of bovs out there that are sequenal eg hks ssq, i use one on my silvia with no stall problems i used to have a gfb stealth also venting to atmos and had the same stall problem where my mate with a gto had a ssq and we swapped and we both now have no stall issues

You are right~
my mate installed a hks ssqv bov , never get a stall issue.

In my opinion , the point is the spring in the bov.

G

Unregistered
its not so much got to do with the spring but the spring helps because a pull type bov works on having the same pressure on both sides of the piston inside the bov, one pushing the piston down n one pushing the piston up, when you release the throttle this pressure changes n pushes it open, but with the ssq the pressure is what keeps the bov closed and its only one pressure feed that opens it, all round its a smarter design thats why most cars from factory are fitted with sequential bovs as standard i can name many mr2's, skylines, silvia's, supra's gto's the list goes on, if you really want to stay with bov you had n want to tighten the spring a cheap method is to place a 20 cent coin or maybe 2 of them on top of the spring to give it more pressure if that dont work get a ssq and if u dont like the noise then,
they make different fins for them so they dont have the stupid high pitch noise

You are right~
my mate installed a hks ssqv bov , never get a stall issue.

In my opinion , the point is the spring in the bov.

G

Unregistered
dude every factory turbo car that has a bov is recirculated, not venting to atmos, and no standard computer can make that bigger changes to its maps, besides the AFM is allways guessing the next move the only way to get rid of fuel smoke when u back off the throtle with a atmos venting bov is to get a tuner to correct your maps

Top Bottom