A better solution

G

Unregistered
I've had a problem with the inlet manifold pipe blowing off after a mechanic did some work.

Just want to check if its correctly fitted now and is there a better type (wider) hose clamp that would work better.
I fitted a boost gauge lasr week and am running just 5psi, but that is with a Pod filter, the new Ralliart filter has just landed here so original air box going to be re-fitted soon.

Attachments

• DSC01429.JPG
    DSC01429.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 24
G

Unregistered
I've had a problem with the inlet manifold pipe blowing off after a mechanic did some work.

Just want to check if its correctly fitted now and is there a better type (wider) hose clamp that would work better.
I fitted a boost gauge lasr week and am running just 5psi, but that is with a Pod filter, the new Ralliart filter has just landed here so original air box going to be re-fitted soon.

Hard to say from the ICKLE pic you supplied.. Is the rubber seal that fits inside, fully intact.. Or is it past it's best.. And is the end f the elbow where the clamp go's chamfered off at all ??

G

Unregistered
Ah, ok.
The rubber seal is on the outside (where's the frying pan smilie when you need it) and it does not look in the best of condition.
It looks very streached and I can't see how it would fit inside in its present condition.

Are they a part that Mitsu stocks and any idea of the part number.

Or again anyone breaking a VR4 in Blighty got a very good condition replacement?

G

Unregistered
Ah, ok.
The rubber seal is on the outside (where's the frying pan smilie when you need it) and it does not look in the best of condition.
It looks very streached and I can't see how it would fit inside in its present condition.

Are they a part that Mitsu stocks and any idea of the part number.

Or again anyone breaking a VR4 in Blighty got a very good condition replacement?

Ooops :wanker: Was this done by the Mechanic :confused:

If so it should be he that pays for replacement !!

Mitsu only sell the Whole Elbow complete with the seal.. At a Silly Mitsu price :rolleyes:

I may know someone Dodgy in Blighty, who has 1 in very good condition though :D

I'll see if i can get you a price.. :)

G

Unregistered
I think Muppet mechanic had it fitted on the inside, but badly, when I took it off it was so streached there was no way it was going to seal on the inside, so decided to go external.

If you can source one that would be great, trying to get everything sorted prior to Japfest. But want all boost issues sorted before I fit a manual boost valve.

Send me the details ASAP please, Oh Muppet Master....

G

Unregistered
I think Muppet mechanic had it fitted on the inside, but badly, when I took it off it was so streached there was no way it was going to seal on the inside, so decided to go external.

If you can source one that would be great, trying to get everything sorted prior to Japfest. But want all boost issues sorted before I fit a manual boost valve.

Send me the details ASAP please, Oh Muppet Master....

Will do "Oh Little Mupster" ;)

Top Bottom