Which is better?

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
Hey guys I recently sold my pops car and part of the deal to swing it that guys way was to equal the cash bit and up it with a new GReddy emanage ultimate ecu with a 32/33 gtr/gtst wiring harness.

I was thinking if I get a harness they guy is sending me the tuning program so I could run it in my galant or should I sell it and use the funds to flash mine? Its a 96 and I havnt checked which ecu I have in it.
Wat do u guys think? Tune and run the emanage or wait for Steve to wave his wand and tune my.stock one.when he comes.up to.qld?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Sell the GREddy, flash factory ECU. Use Transformance/Steve as he can flash all ECUs next time he's in QLD. Simply dont f**k around with piggyback, waste of time effor and $$ to setup realy.

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
Steve just pulled one out of Chillie's car on the weekend. Pretty much rubbish for our cars since we can reflash with better results and more control.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Factory flashable > all available aftermarket options.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
Lol thats wat I was thinking really....

Okies sell emanage flash tune instead lol thanks guys

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I didn't want to say anything till you decided....

Factory flashable > all aftermarket options in some ways. EG all that stuff Mitsubishi put in there apart from basic fuel and timing etc is never going to be replicated by aftermarket

Motec, autronic, haltech > factory flashing in some ways. EG switchable maps (oh hang on....) extra features like anti lag (oh hang on....) extra outputs to drive things like intercooler sprays etc (probably just a matter of time for that one too though....) but in all seriousness they are better for race applications and so on. Live tuning and the data logging and telemetry stuff in say a Motec will always be better than factory stuff. Plus you have complete and utter control of every parameter with aftermarket (well you'd hope).

That all said, for a road car if decent definitions are available, I would go factory ECU every time. It's amazing the number of cars now going back from big brand ECU's to factory.

As for piggybacks.... well a heap of companies don't even make them anymore, enough said.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
ok fellas ill throw my bit in here as well for you , i stuffed around for 5 years trying to sort my legnum conversion in the fto in the end it was going to cost me $5000 for aftermarket ecu fully wired to car after it had allready cost me $4000 in townsville to have original legnum ecu wired in the fto and they done a shitty job at that,then some how serching and serching the net found that my ecu was flashable basicly like the aftermarket one,then i found the evoscan and ecu flash software and 2.0 taxtrix cable . even with all software i had still no one wanted to know about my car all put in to hard basket (i say amuaters) then thank the gods i found steve from transformance engineering best thing that could have ever happend to my car thanks again steve, so if i were you mate listen to every thing steve has to say and youll be smilling all the way he sure saved my bacon.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
Thanks guys well now I really hope I can make the tune dates when u come up Steve my galant really.needs some.magic was even thinking tcu flash aswell if u think.u can help my slow shifting issues

Top Bottom