Better than rex? New Mazda 3 MPS

Casper

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lewis
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 type S 4SALE!
BOOO... party poper!No wonder they say cars in the future are going to do drive themselfs,drivers are getting to lazy........ auto's pfff!hehe

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
There will be no MPS-6 in the new model. I asked about it at local Mazda dealer when having the SP23 serviced last time and due to dissapointing sales of the last model, no new MPS 6 this time round, only the FWD MPS 3

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
No MPS6? Interesting. That does give Mazda a reason to make it AWD, it could be on the cards for the model after this one depending on sales.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Ummm... make that +2 for the 'smile'. It looks like a scary clown face from a horror movie !! :p

At least it is better than the "fat kid wearing KISS makeup" FG FPV Falcons!!!

I don't mind this car, but I'd go so far as to say I prefer the styling of the current model. We'll see though, would like to see it in a non-airbrushed photo.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
If it were all wheel drive it would kick ass, they r predicting 200kw out of it, supposed to have a strong drive train also. The previous model did 0-100 in just over 6 sec, so it should be fast.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Can't wait to see it arrive and have a crack in one.... Then i'll tell you guys all about it haha

Some idiot put this in the wrong section too.... Could a mod please move it into other brands?

Cheers

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
There will be no MPS-6 in the new model. I asked about it at local Mazda dealer when having the SP23 serviced last time and due to dissapointing sales of the last model, no new MPS 6 this time round, only the FWD MPS 3

Always take what dealers tell you with a pinch of salt mate.

When the new Lancer came out, I was told by a dealer that "nope there won't be a hatchback at all with this model".

When looking at an i30 6 months ago "nope this is going to be as a hatch. There's no wagon version".

Well, guess what came out ? The Lancer Sportback.

Guess what's coming in a few months ? The Hyundai i30 CW.

They want you to buy what's on their floor right now, not wait...

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
^Brad while I agree that dealers will always be pushing what's on their floor - I obviously had NO intent of buying then & there (or even in the next 3+ months) and he knew that. But based on what they told me, the MPS6 was released first in the current models, & there are no reports anywhere on the net for a new MPS/Mazdaspeed 6 seems to add up.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I haven't heard anything about the new 6 either.... It was a bit of a flop once the 3 was released! :D

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
^That and the fact it wasn't full time AWD. Made it rather unpredictable/difficult to control at high speeds (so I read/heard anyway)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
^That and the fact it wasn't full time AWD. Made it rather unpredictable/difficult to control at high speeds (so I read/heard anyway)

Yeah i have never taken the MPS6 for a run either and i haven't heard wonderful things about it from people that have.....

Apparently it feels like its twice the weight it is.... Which is an interesting reponse for people driving Mazdas!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi

Check this out:
http://www.caradvice.com.au/12364/new-mazda-6-mps-and-2-mps/
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/mazda6-mps-atenza.htm

mazda6_mps_concept1.thumbnail.jpg

mazda6_mps_concept2.thumbnail.jpg

I have to say, I really really like the look of these.. I wasn't the biggest fan of the MPS6 look originally, it looked too chunky and heavy..

This however, looks like an aftermarket kit.. but very nicely done, it is a mock-up render from Autoexpress UK or something.. I dunno, that's what I gathered from the article!

Also a Mazda2MPS on there hehe
mazda-mazdaspeed2-concept-1.thumbnail.jpg

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Check this out:

I have to say, I really really like the look of these.. I wasn't the biggest fan of the MPS6 look originally, it looked too chunky and heavy..

This however, looks like an aftermarket kit.. but very nicely done, it is a mock-up render from Autoexpress UK or something.. I dunno, that's what I gathered from the article!

Also a Mazda2MPS on there hehe

Both of those look shmick as.... Shame they don't match the styling they have gone with in the 3 meaning they prob won't look like that if they make them :(

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
That story is almost a year old with NOTHING since. This is what I was referring too - everyone had their concept sketchs etc (like that story) but they won't be making it, simple as that.

G

Unregistered
The Mazda 3 Mps is quicker from 80-120 than a 911 carrera how's that for a feat?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I think the new Mazda 3 looks absolutely horrible. One went past me yesterday & I nearly puked...

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Horses for courses. I've had a close look at them and they're OK. Roomier inside than I thought.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Not much of a fan of the big smile in the front either!

+1 :banghead:

Yeah, Mazda's big smile is losing points with me and we have always had a mazda. ( '92 MX6 turbo, '96MX6, '02 MX5 for the wife, B2200 and '89 929 for me)
Currently we are thinking of selling the MX5, but the Wife has always had and wants coupe's. So we don't know what to look at as we like "real" coupes. If the rear glass lifts up it is a hatchback, if it has "pretend or concelled" rear doors it is a sedan.
It really is hard to buy a legitimate coupe or hardtop these days.
Any ideas????

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Depends how old you wanna go. If you're looking for something new, pretty much has to be a 370Z doesn't it?

Top Bottom