Brake squeal - what would you do next?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Dude the A1RM is QFM's super race spec pad right... They are naturally going to squeal you would have ot be a magic man to get them not too imo.

They will probably also eat through your stock rotors super fast because they are so hard.

Honestly, go buy some benedix or other garden variety street pads... they will be great for the road and wont squeal. Swap in the A1RM's for the track and don't expect them to be quiet.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
They will definatly eat your rotors in less than 18000kms. THere will be not slots visable if you had slotted rotors in that time as i've found

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S

drez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dre
Drive
Galant type S 2000
Dude the A1RM is QFM's super race spec pad right... They are naturally going to squeal you would have ot be a magic man to get them not too imo.

They will probably also eat through your stock rotors super fast because they are so hard.

Honestly, go buy some benedix or other garden variety street pads... they will be great for the road and wont squeal. Swap in the A1RM's for the track and don't expect them to be quiet.

Advise taken on board, after thinking about it it only takes me 5mins to swap each wheel brake pads.
So, i took off the QFM pads on the weekend, put the standard pads on. Hence, quiet no squealling problems.

I'll only use the A1RM pads for track day, easier that way...

Top Bottom