By Next Week will be a Legnum owner yapee

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Hi fellas just thought since I will be a very proud owner of a Legnum as of next week I though I say hi, im definitely a noob on forums so take it easy
I feel like im six waiting for a Santa Claus! Too bad I got a week to go.
Can’t sleep lol even don’t answer my girlfriends calls as im too busy looking up anything Legnum related on the net
[S*&t I should be working right now.
PS looking for wheels already, thinking of OZ RACING in
Any suggestions?
28_big.jpg

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
These are very costly but they look so good! so dont know. Maybe i can find a cheeper option i hope chinese make "CH Racing" rims:)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Only 1 week to go? Pfffft... that's NOTHING! Still, nothing like the anticipation!

Where are you getting you're new ride from? Give us some details man.

G

Unregistered
Sweet :) Nice work Tomas

I am also a newbie to the forum but have found it to be super helpful... so many good people on eher so you will have no problems with questions and advice. Where abouts in Vic are you from??

and yeah it us up with some details

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I was a newbie on here, and these guys were really helpful and friendly in asking all the stupid questions I asked..

Well, I still am a newbie I guess, and they still answer my stupid questions in a friendly manner hahaha..

1 more week and hopefully my car is BACK on the road LOL..

Those wheels look hot as dude! Nice pick!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Do they concave outwards or innerwards? Not a big fan of wheels that the inner sections stick outside the tyres/rim line!

The ones on my Liberty did lol but from pics before purchasing it didn't look like they did!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Wicked, they're the pr0n then.. Go for em!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
I say go 18 :)

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Hey Fellas first of all snickells, LWNMWR, Tom, bradc, dimi_108 and the rest thanks for making me feel welcome.
I dont really want to talk about the car yet as it is one of the members rides so i will watit till i have it, don’t want to take anyone’s credit you know its still not mine. (not for long thought) i we made a deal so i hope it goes thru.
If not, then since i have fallen in love with these cars - i will find another one.
So i will an owner for sure.

Such a nice jap secret this is i love it, i told my mate about the car and he is meant to be know it all with cars -
Me "im getting a legnum"
Mate " a magnum? never heard of it"
Me ( laughing and thinking damn this is cool that people dont know - warm feeling lol)

Wheels well im thinking these are nice look, OZ's are always cool ;)
Thinking 17" i mean i dont know, i dont want to lose usability of the car as i love going surfing camping all that type of stuff, plus when im not studying im working as on construction sites so with 18"s might be a bit rough as i would have to have very low profile tyres.

What sizes have you guy would recommend, no scraping and other issues proffered :) i mean i want to keep the performance as well-looks is a second on the list :)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Whatever you get make it 8.5 or 9" width, offset between +32 & +40 for the 8.5"s or between +35 & +38 for the 9"s.

That's if you don't want to do much guard work. If you want to do guard work you can go lower offsets or go a 9.5".

Oh and IMO you should get something with concave spokes. They are always nice. 18x9 +38 CST Zero-1 Hypers would be nice.

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Wow Tim those look awesome,
cst_zero-1_chrome_rims_b.jpg

hhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Awesome call mate

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Aww shucks.

They are also available in the USA badged as MB Battles. I think they come from the same factory but I'm not sure if they're available in the same offset.

Before the dollar got weak and the yen got strong these were available for around $1,000 shipped from Japan. Now you'll be looking at around double that probably.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Go the 17's!!!!

They're 1/2 business, 1/2 party, all love....

And that warm feeling? I still has it

G

Unregistered
If you are in vic my recomendation is go for 18"s as they look far better on the vr4.
Call around the suppliers in vic and ask if they have any old stock matching the rims that you had the pics on your thread as they both look fantastic.
Secondly go and call some honda and mitsy wreckers and ask around for rims as you can often grab a bargain.
Ebay is an option and thirdly go to resevoir and track down some nice tyres from the arabs.
They sell some great tyres for $50-100ea and sometimes you can find a awsome set like the michelin pilot tyres are awsome and grip like hell.
I had them on my old alfa and $75ea for 17".

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Thanks Adam
I have never had 18"s before so its a bit intimidating lol but im sure it would look awesome.
What do you think about the guards thought - i think there would be a fair bit of work to have 18"s on and not scrape darn expensive tyres on it.

"go to resevoir and track down some nice tyres from the Arabs.
They sell some great tyres for $50-100ea "
THATS SO CHEAP MATE WHICH SPECIFIC ARAB YOU TALKING ABOUT LOL nah but serous how do i find these fellas

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Go the 17's!!!!

They're 1/2 business, 1/2 party, all love....

And that warm feeling? I still has it

So far thats what i think as well 17"s but might investigate 18's as well i mean it would not hurt especialy if i can find a bargain.

Flights Booked going to pick the car up soon ::drool:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
With 42mm offset wheels you won't have to worry about scraping the guard. Go for 225/40/18 or 235/40/18. Beware though, the 235's might touch the upper rear suspension arm.

Top Bottom