Camber Kits

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Are there any sort of off the shelf camber kits available for our cars? I want a little bit less camber at the front and a little bit more camber at the rear and I think it would drive beautifully.

Anybody found anything?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
fairly certain this will work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRON...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

however the rear may pose a problem. the rear on that kit is for correction, not for inducing.

you might need to make some custom arms up or something...

forget about buying that kit..

might as well go to your local bolt & nut shop to buy the washers as it'll only cost you around $5 for both sides.. as per the front.. the person doing the correction will hate you for it.. as it'll have 2 bolts per side to change.. so that'll also change your caster settings.. which I doubt you want..

get the camber ball joint made by spc or ingalls at least 1 member here have tried it and it works well.. I've got a set at my parents place, waiting for the right time to get it installed..

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
For rear camber, the more you lower the rear end the more camber you get

I know, that's why I need more camber ;)

Seems whiteline MAY have a product that will work on the front. Waiting on an email to confirm though.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I know, that's why I need more camber ;)

Seems whiteline MAY have a product that will work on the front. Waiting on an email to confirm though.

whiteline? if they do.. finally!! just make sure its not for the 6G Galant VR4..

also Sartori.. that eibach one is most likely the same as the SPC ones..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
You seem to be going about it the other way to most people? When an 8G VR-4 is lowered to have a similar tyre - wheel arch clearance the fronts will start to get a bit of camber, but the rears will normally have about 50% to 100% more camber than the fronts. Considering that a VR-4 runs out of grip at the front first, surely you would want a bit more camber at the front?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
^^^ Im guessing he mixed up his words and means more at the front and less at the rear.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Nope. More = make the camber more positive, less = make the camber less positive i.e more negative.

less at the front, more at the rear ;)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
huh im am confuzzed now

so you want more negative or more positive on the front?

and more neagtive or more positive on the rear?

edit:

wait wait wait, you you want the bring the front wheels in and push the rears out? if so, these kits will do it

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Nope. More = make the camber more positive, less = make the camber less positive i.e more negative.

less at the front, more at the rear ;)

This would only be the case if you were running positive camber, which you're not.

G

Unregistered
less camber = more positive
more camber = more negative

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Rofl this thread is going places... coonfusing places.

If my rears didn't tip in at the top as much as they do I would have not chance of fitting the GTR rims I'm running. As it is I've already hammered in whatever that sharp bit of steel is on the inner guard.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
less camber = more positive
more camber = more negative

See I look at it differently. My maths teacher always told me more was the higher number, therefore the innapropriately large 4wd running 0.5 degrees positive camber has more camber then the bunky Soarer running -1.5 degrees camber.

Either way I want my rears to have increased positive camber over what they currently have (i.e -2.5 degrees to -2 degrees) and my fronts to have more negative camber then they currently have (i.e -.5 degrees to -1.5 degrees) without affecting my daily driving ride height.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
^^^ But we are talking about negative camber. So less equals more.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Either way, is there anything we can buy to correct the camber that doesn't sound as dodgy as spacing a bracket out with washers or is that the only way?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
im thinkin of gettin some plates made up soon, rather then using washers

thoughts?

Top Bottom