Can a 6A13TT ECU connect to a 4G93 loom

oienator

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Trent
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Legnum
Hey i was just wandering if a 6a13tt ecu can connect to a 4g93 loom i heard its possibly

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I don't know for sure but my gut feeling would be no due to 4 vs 6 cylinders and straight vs V layout.

What are your plans for such a Frankenstein setup? :)

cheers

Lee

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
The overly simple answer to your overly simple question is no. Various parts will of course connect to each other as Mitsubishi used some of the same harness design and plugs between models, but the ECU's are completely different, the engines are completely different, the gearing is completely different, the instrumentation is completely different and most of the electrical components are completely different. I'm uncertain if the plugs to the ECU's are identical or not, but even if they are, plug compatible doesn't mean component compatible.

Unless you can explain what you actually wish to achieve our ability to assist you is extremely limited.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
If you're transplanting a 6A13TT into something that has a 4G93, then you either have to a) get someone to splice the 6A13TT engine loom to your dash loom or b) run a full aftermarket ECU system

The latter would yield far greater results too and probably end up being an easier job. I've been through the loom splicing route myself...big time headaches!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The plugs are virtually the same, I've seen them on evo's.You do however have the slight problem as Lee said about the fact that the evo loom will be designed to drive 4 cylinders.What exactly are you trying to do?

Top Bottom