can my ECU be reflashed

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
88 Astra turbo n 2012 Holden Cruze diesel hatch
I have a 10/96 manual wagon n going off the outta metal casing, MD340288 not sure the chip but reading the other posts I feel that this can't be, is this the case

Cheers Jeff

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
All ecus are now flashable send Shtiv a PM he'll sort you out

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yes jeff, all vr4 ecu's can now be flashed, my car currently has an old metal case ecu in it, and flashed it is.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
ALOT..

gain better economy, better response in terms of acceleration..

problem is , when you get stuff done.. you'll want more

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
How much of a benefit would flashing a stock car?
My vr4 made 130 stock, bar fuel pump and 3 port. Made 170 tuned with just them. That's not normal but 120-130 going up to 160ish in a manual is common. Take 10off those for autos in good nick.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Not off hand...

More chance of convincing TME to meet you in QLD or SA for the next tune day. :-/

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Anyone know if KS MODS working on the metal ecu's?
or just the 7202 and 03 models

Just MH7202 and MH7203...

7201 uses a different "language" (technical term: Instruction Set) thus the 7202,7203 rom will not run on it.
7202 and 7203 are compatible with each other, the only difference is the way it gets flashed (flash memory is divided into different size sections - which is why you need to ensure ECUflash is in the correct mode)

If someone wrote KSMods for a 7201, then it would work - but there is a lack of support in tools like IDA to disassemble and patch the ROM. So easier to source yourself a plastic cased ecu.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
What he said. Given plastic ecus are around 200 to 300 is not worth someone's effort to write

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4 5 spd Manual
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
Project - Datsun 1600 Turbo rotary conv.
I think that, after I get my paperweight running, I should look more into this operation and have the car re-flashed. There are some other things that I need to take care of from a freshening standpoint but, as far as back for my buck, re-flashing seems like a very worthwhile procedure.

It is certainly cool to read about the results.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Yes but do you want a good tune? We haven't had any results except for 1 guy that produced a graph but no afr comparison - that was from etuner. There is also Melbourne Performance center that should be able to tune it.

@TME_Steve is the only person I'll trust to tune a VR4 in Australia because by far he has the most experience, knows the cars extremely well and you'll know you're getting the latest rom with all the tricks.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Hoping to come to Melbourne before the end of the year :)

Top Bottom