H8 ECU's can now be reflashed

foxdie

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Foxdie
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Manual in Pyrennes Black
Hi Kochajj,

I'm not sure if you've sorted this issue yet, are you changing the stock tables in Kens rom, or the extended maps? The stock tables aren't used anymore, you need to change the extended maps :)

retssam

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Anndriu
Drive
STR-25
Hi Steve. Did you save the ROM from 7201 to 7202?
I have a problem with reading ecuflash 7201FS.
I thinked I move ROM from 7201FS to 7202F.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
7201 uses a differnet processor to a 7202/7203, while the roms are both 128kb in size, the processors use a different instruction set and arent compatible with each other.

You'll need MMCFlash to reflash the 7201.

Dont try and reflash a 7201 rom onto a 7202/7203 ECU, that will brick it.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yeah what he said

retssam

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Anndriu
Drive
STR-25
That's the bad news. I bought a second ECU 7202 for swap. Everything that was good only AT gearbox is not working properly. I do not know why.

I decided to buy mmc but I can not find the definition of 7201 ...

The worst part is that I have a 2.5V6 N / A + Single Turbo and I can not tune ....

edit:
On cvr4.com definitions I found matching the 7202 but unfortunately do not fit into 7201.
Just as you wrote are the other 7201 vs 7202. Definition is the ability to adapt from 7202 to 7201?

retssam

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Anndriu
Drive
STR-25
Here is the ROM 7201 6A13 NA, AT 1997
Code:
http://speedy.sh/Sbu7U/7201-NA.bin
I do not work for me ozvr4 upload.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
We have definitions for 7201 ecus but they're based on a Matchup of information from the 7202. I don't think 7201 can be disassembled in ida software. Bcx correct me if I'm wrong please.

retssam

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Anndriu
Drive
STR-25
I found on cvr4 definitions for the 7201 VR4 but does not display properly value me load and RPM. I tried to replace the addresses of 7202 but without success.

Where can I find the correct addresses for these values?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Looks like you have a part of a fuel table there. What tables are you wanting to find? Fuel and ignition should be easy enough, more than that I'd say you're on your own.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
I don't think 7201 can be disassembled in ida software. Bcx correct me if I'm wrong please.

Last time i checked, IDA didnt support that processor... havent check newer versions of IDA... but it's easier for most to just replace their ECU with a 7202/7203 and use ECUFlash.

I tried to replace the addresses of 7202 but without success.

This wont work at all due to the fact the rom are laid out completely different. I'll open your rom later on tonight with my
definitions and upload them here if OK.

retssam

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Anndriu
Drive
STR-25
Looks like you have a part of a fuel table there. What tables are you wanting to find? Fuel and ignition should be easy enough, more than that I'd say you're on your own.

for a start :Fuel Map, Ignition Map, Injector size scaling .

Last time i checked, IDA didnt support that processor... havent check newer versions of IDA... but it's easier for most to just replace their ECU with a 7202/7203 and use ECUFlash.

And so too did, I bought a 7202 ECU, turned off immo, I set the injectors and started to tune, but unfortunately when you drive slowly gearbox (automatic) is not shifting.
So I decided to try for 7201 but I can not tune it to see if it is ok.

retssam

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Anndriu
Drive
STR-25
hey. I bought another ECU (7202, MD340291, 2.5 V6 SOHC), you could check if you have the definitions him?

Attachments

• read image.zip
    42.3 KB · Views: 10

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I don't, sorry

Hurubaw

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jonathan
Drive
GVR4, 8gen.
Hey, I have a 7201 ECU on my PFL Auto Galant. Can I just replace it with a FL 7202 or 7203 ECU, and get that extra 20hp FL oomph while the A/T works properly? Also considering doing some mods in the future, so newer ECU should be easier to deal with dyno-tuning etc?

Top Bottom