Idling at the Lights
First Name
Nelson
Drive
1998 manual vr4 leggie (sold)
1999 auto legnum. Bigger turbos, built auto
1973 vj valiant sedan. Barra swapped
1990 galant vr4 RS
Hey everyone my manual legnum seems to cut out everytime I try to run on it on 11+ psi. Ive just installed a walbro 255plh fuel pump, fuel loop and new denso vk22 plugs. Can someone help I have no idea what it could be

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Some sort of cut involving boost ay? Boost cut perhaps?

Your ECU monitors airflow into the engine, if too much comes in then it assumes your wastegate isn't actuating and cuts spark to the engine to protect it. It can be removed with an ECU tune.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
is violent? like your steering wheel wants you to kiss it or more like a vibrator? :D

mrleggie95

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Nelson
Drive
1990 galant vr4 RS
Will look into a tune for it, yes my steering wheel wants to kiss my head every time it happens haha

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
are u running a pod filter? mine did this before I got her tuned it was hitting boost cut at 11psi with a pod filter, changed back to stock air box and it hit cut at 14psi+

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yeah if its got a pod that'll skew the maf so it thinks it's flowing more air than it is. Equals boost cut.

But is it running a pod?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Yeah if its got a pod that'll skew the maf so it thinks it's flowing more air than it is. Equals boost cut.

But is it running a pod?

there's a certain pod filter that works.. ones used on the Magna and made by K&N.. pretty sure someone here will chime in with the part number (looking at @Kiwivr4)

mrleggie95

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Nelson
Drive
1990 galant vr4 RS
Its not so much the fact im trying to go faster, its when im trying to over take and it just stops. Yeah it has a pod in it but ill take it out and put the old one in and see how it goes

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Put the factory airbox in is best. Or yeah that other k and n pod specifically made for mitsu

Top Bottom